Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

View Poll Results: Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
Introvert? 45 75.00%
Extrovert? 2 3.33%
Depends on the situation. 13 21.67%
None of the above. 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-21, 06:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm an introvert. I enjoy seeing and interacting with people, but I get my energy from being on my own. I've enjoyed the option of doing software training via Zoom these days. I get to interact with people from home and then stop.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 06:41 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am an introvert, so while this pandemic has been difficult, I have handled okay.

Even so though, I still have to get out here and there, largely being confined at home for the past year for work and in general has it's good and bad points, even for an introvert like me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 02:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I ran across an article about introverts, highly sensitive people and empaths. I can access it from my iPhone, but it doesn't work om my computer due to my ad blocker:

https://www.insider.com/difference-b...roverts-2018-6

I'd never heard of an "introvert hangover" before. I know what it feels like though.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 02:44 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I'd never heard of an "introvert hangover" before. I know what it feels like though.
Two of my kids experience that. They will express exhaustion after being in situations with people - anything from crowds like at a fair to one-on-one interaction with someone for a long period of time (spending the day with a friend) - and need time to recover. ETA - they are adults now, but have always experienced that "introvert hangover." Three of my four kids are introverts.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 10:11 AM  
Exercise Diva

I always thought of myself as an extrovert but am more introverted than I thought. The staying at home thing isn't bothering me at all. My husband on the other hand is going crazy!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:07 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts. I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:03 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts. I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!
I totally expected more introverts here than extroverts! That surprises me that extroverts outnumber introverts in the general population. It seems like almost all my friends and family are introverts. My mom was easily the biggest extrovert I've ever known. She loved people so much and drew energy from being around them. I love being with my friends but do feel that energy drain sometimes. I definitely recharge when alone.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 09:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I voted depends on the situation but for the most part I'm an introvert.

I think I've suffered a lot less than most people during COVID isolation. I pretty much only miss family gatherings. I miss going to shows because we don't interact with others and stay in our own bubble and don't need to interact with anyone. When I was on furlough, I missed interacting with my co-workers which came as a shock.

Mingling with people I don't know or aren't really acquainted with is like a root canal for me. I think going back to "normal" is going to be more of a challenge than most of you have endured with the lockdowns.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 12:45 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I totally expected more introverts here than extroverts!
I expected the same, if only because VF has had at least one earlier thread about personality differences. Previous discussion included the idea that some people are especially interested in home exercise (which video exercise tends to be) because of their introversion.

Quote:
I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
That surprises me that extroverts outnumber introverts in the general population.
I'm not surprised--though mainly because I'd seen those numbers years ago. In the more recent past, though, I've also seen higher numbers for introverts.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 05:02 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
I expected the same, if only because VF has had at least one earlier thread about personality differences. Previous discussion included the idea that some people are especially interested in home exercise (which video exercise tends to be) because of their introversion.
This!
VF probably has an over representation of introverts because home exercising is a natural fit for us.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid restrictions, covid-19, extroversion, extroverts, introversion, introverts, personality, stay-at-home