Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-24, 05:23 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I did More Than Just Strength, Heavy Up and Move and regret that I used a 20 lb on the first move, which is a shoulder press from a snatch. I have a tweaky left shoulder and I struggled with it twice before remembering it was my bad shoulder (it had been feeling good!!!). So now it's back to twingy, argh.

But other than that, it was a great workout! It was about the same level of difficulty as the Timesaver one, and I'm really feeling done after it! I used 20 and 15s for the rest of the workout (I don't have heavier [nor want]) but Kelly sometimes used a 30.

The cardio acceleration though, I think, is kind of a misnomer; I would call it more standing abs with a slight cardio effect. I liked the breaks a lot!

The rest of the workouts look fantastic, and I can't wait to try them!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-24, 05:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Thanks, Lori!

I also have a bad left shoulder, so need to be careful with how much weight I lift. I recently grabbed a heavy weight for overhead shoulder presses, and it will probably take a week before I'm feeling okay again. I know better.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-24, 05:38 PM  
Mickey12

I did Lean Physique today. Kickbox NRG is 31 minutes of drills of mostly boxing moves and then hi/lo cardio drills alternating. There isn’t much in the way of kicks, but the legs get worked with the hi/lo sections. Because of the alternating format, the workout went by very quickly for me. The intensity is moderate, similar to other Kelly workouts. Kelly is joined by Kitty. I liked the workout. I am getting used to the Raw production values and like them more than I thought I would.

I also did Butts and Guts. This one is 34 minutes and also has Kitty and Kelly. It uses no equipment except a wide band for the legs which is optional. Kelly uses it for the glute bridge section only. The workout alternates between leg drills and ab drills and she uses the automated Tabata countdown timer. There are 8 rounds of each type of exercise. Again, because of the alternating format, the workout went by quickly. I felt like these were different and I enjoyed them.
Old 02-10-24, 11:45 PM  
fatkat555

I finally did the Lean Physique, Kickboxing NRG today. I actually really liked it. As mentioned, much more boxing than kicking. I absolutely stink at boxing, but I’ll keep trying. I’d probably rate the cardio effect of this as more intermediate, but that’s perfect for me right now. I can’t add much more to this other than the time seemed to fly. I liked to see the interaction between Kitty and Kelly. I’m very pleased with both of these new RAW dvds.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm raw