Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-10, 02:27 PM  
ssgilby

Alas, nothing in my mailbox today. Hopefully tomorrow!
Old 02-05-10, 03:40 PM  
kitty12

I just put the DVD in my PC long enough to see what the chapter headings are and breeze through it very, very fast. I noticed the warning on the DVD says the fitness program should not be attempted by anyone with a history of knee, back, neck or spinal issues. I know that warning just covers them legally, but I haven't remembered seeing that specific of a warning on a DVD before? Maybe I just missed it! I have knee and back issues - LOL. But I still exercise! She also says to watch the DVD before using it.

Something about her form seems sloppy to me, but hard to pin point. She doesn't have that professional look. And her set is cheap as was mentioned before. But pretty much as the promo says, there are three programs. On the side has a lot of side leg lifts. On the back has a LOT of bridge variations, followed by various leg movements while lying on your back, and then various crunch variations, roll ups and other ab exercises. On the knees has leg raises while on all fours. There are also lots of planks and pushups. During the cool down/warm up she is wearing a yellow swimsuit type outfit.

It is really hard for me to tell whether I will like this DVD by just viewing it!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 04:23 PM  
jEnNnY

I haven't ordered this DVD, but I'm curious about it and what is it all about. There seems to be great excitement about it, but after watching the clip Mary has in her site, I couldn't help but wonder what would Tonique do for my legs that other floorwork exercises haven't? And, even in the clip as kitty12 says, her form is sloopy and rushed.... Hummm... Oh, well, I'll keep an eye on your reviews and impressions
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 05:27 PM  
kitty12

I must say, as I watched the video quick this one may be more hype than value! After I posted the thought came to my mind...It seems as if someone with a very nice figure, that really likes to workout, decided to make a video as a hobby, but has little or no instructor background. I would say it would be like me making a video, but her figure is nicer than mine

Kitty
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 05:40 PM  
in paris

kitty12,

You seem quite critical of a video you went ahead and ordered -- yet you seem to have had no clue what it was all about before you did so? Why did you order this in the first place?
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 07:27 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEnNnY View Post
what would Tonique do for my legs that other floorwork exercises haven't?
LOL! Probably nothing, but that hasn't stopped a VF-er from ordering before. If floorwork was the Holy Grail of leg work, instructors could've just stopped making them after the Original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey video. I think it's a variety thing for a lot of us. I have quite a few good floorwork videos, but there's always room for more!
Old 02-05-10, 08:00 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
. I have quite a few good floorwork videos, but there's always room for more!
And what might those few be?
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 08:18 PM  
ssgilby

The usual suspects, Lexy. The aforementioned Original Buns of Steel and the Firms Hips, Buns & Thighs (I think that's the name of it - I can never keep those names straight). Plus there are lots of good floorwork segments of barre workouts (iBallets in particular), Margaret Richards' w/os, and some Cathes.
Old 02-05-10, 08:27 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Shelley, thanks. I've actually never done any of the Buns of Steel workouts. I was asking because I'm interested in this mat workout because I have so few mat workouts. I don't even have Tracy Anderson's Mat workout. Can you believe that?

Not to get OT, but I'm wondering how Sylwia's other workouts are that different from any Dove workout - except for the overkill part - and why the Doves weren't a big hit with many while everybody loves loves loves Sylwia (or thinks they do). Yes, Dove had a dreary (yet real) set while Sylwia's set looks straight out of Laugh-In.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 08:31 PM  
jEnNnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
LOL! Probably nothing, but that hasn't stopped a VF-er from ordering before. If floorwork was the Holy Grail of leg work, instructors could've just stopped making them after the Original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey video. I think it's a variety thing for a lot of us. I have quite a few good floorwork videos, but there's always room for more!
Hahahaha... Yeah, of course! Silly me!! It was just that I was expecting to see in the clip some well saved secret LOL or something still not revealed to the masses of vidiots LOL... Oh well, I should stop watching infommercials
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mat, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique