Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-22, 11:34 AM  
Jammin

Is anyone still subscribed to Ballet Body?

I don’t see much talk about Ballet Body lately. I am interested in subscribing to her streaming services. Is it still active? Is she still active on her site? I’ve just started doing her dvds after having them for many years and ignoring them. Loving it. 😍

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:17 PM  
prettyinpink

I still subscribe because I got a good yearly deal. I still enjoy them a lot, just don’t do as often as I’ve been doing other things.

She doesn’t put out as many new as in the first couple of years, but there are lots of workouts on there now, and she has some more rotations put together with her weighted workouts. She put out four or five new segments in the past couple of months. There are a few free workouts on the site.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 03:17 PM  
Jammin

Great! Now I feel safer signing up. I’m thrilled that I’ll have access to more than these 4 dvds. 🥳
Thanks for your response.

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 06:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm a HUGE Leah fan, love her DVDs, still do them fairly regularly. I was signed up with her I think a couple years ago. I can confirm she's active and has great content. My only issue, and the reason I stopped subscribing, was most of her segments are fairly short (15 to 20 minutes from what I recall) and to get a "complete" workout, she would say to repeat them two or three times or combine segments as laid out in some particular rotation. But I just wanted the experience like with the DVDs where it's already a complete workout without me having to figure things out, if that makes sense. That's just me though. I'm a bit old school.

I hope you enjoy her streaming, and I REALLY wish she'd put out more DVDs!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 02:17 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
most of her segments are fairly short (15 to 20 minutes from what I recall) and to get a "complete" workout, she would say to repeat them two or three times or combine segments as laid out in some particular rotation.:
She always made shorter segments, even back in the day when she made downloads, pre-streaming. The few DVDs were the exception. I can see why it would be annoying if you prefer the longer format, but I actually prefer putting several segments, or several workouts from different instructors, together, so I like the shorter segments a lot. I frequently use the bodyweight ones as add-ons to another workout.

I agree that I don’t really like repeating the same segment, though. I can’t say what proportion of her workouts suggest this, but I don’t think it is most of them. I find, though, that for segments using heavier weights, I don’t repeat the video, I just repeat the exercises on my own. I prefer working on my own more with heavier weights anyway, though, rather than going at someone else’s pace and having to pause or wait because my pace or my number of reps is different.
I do see how some might prefer her to repeat the segments through again on video, since that eliminates the instruction and demo of exercises the second and third time through.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, leah sarago, leah sarago streaming