Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-07-22, 05:19 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - My case has been very mild, more annoying that I need to isolate more than anything. I had to cancel our pickleball class! Day 1 was a sore throat, day 2 was congestion, headache & sore throat, day 3 has been a lighter version of day 2. My illness was less severe than my son's, but he never got the booster and I did, twice!

6/6 - rest
6/7 - dog walk

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 07:39 AM  
Helen

LILI
So glad to hear you've not had too rough a time of it.

CLEDA
Waves - Hope you're out of the schlump now. ((hugs))

Tuessday 7th
60min, Cathe (chrono) - Step Works
Wednesday 8th
60min, brisk walk with school walkers
58min, Cathe (chrono) - Interval Max, 6"
Thursday 9th
42min, Cathe (chrono) - Pure Strength - Back, Biceps, & Abs
Friday
39min, Cathe (chrono) - Pure Strength - Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 06:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - sorry to leave you here by yourself! You are crushing the Cathe workouts!

After several days of just dog walks, I finally did a workout!
6/11 - I started with 2 different Leslie's, deciding to start back slowly, but I stopped both of them after about 5 minutes.
Peloton's 20 Min. Norah Jones Walk (while I like Norah Jone's music, it did not lend itself to a workout)
dog walk and some gardening

Old 06-11-22, 06:42 PM  
Helen

Good morning LILI!
Never apologise for leaving ME - I'm more likely to be the absent one.
Why did you give up on Leslie? The chatter? The same-same?
You must be feeling a lot better though. Good to see.

CLEDA
Waves!! Hope you're well & just too time-crushed to post.

Kathyrn doesn't jump mid-week & is away this weekend (back tomorrow) so I either schlump without both her & DH and my bum gets bigger, or I suck it up and get it done. The latter has occurred.

Bridget is also home today from Europe. After Stockholm for the conference, she spent a few days in Amsterdam then another few in London. LOVE modern tech!! She's been in constant contact & sending lots of pictures.

Saturday
65min, Cathe - Pure Strength - Strong Legs & Abs
bit baulked, but trusted myself & actually LOOKED at my notes from last time and it was fine - tough for sure, but fine.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-12-22, 06:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Got side tracked

Mornin' Ladies!

Thanks for keeping the check in going.

Lili: I hope you are feeling better and that Covid has gone away. I haven't gotten it, but am still super careful. (I don't think I'm bullet proof and I don't want it. - not that anyone does!) I am happy to hear it is a mild case.

Helen: You're getting it done. Lots and lots and lots of Cathe. More power to ya!

On to me, me and all me. Still kind of slumping. I have an idea what it's from. But onward I move! I can't believe I haven't checked in for all of June. Better get busy.

6/1/2022: Rest Day
6/2/2022: Rest Day
6/3/2022: 3 hours Pickleball

6/4/2022: 10 mins. Peloton (something - didn't write down what), walked for the day at the park doing Pokemon Go
6/5/2022: Walked all afternoon again for Pokemon Go (it was Go Fest)
6/6/2022: row 20 mins., 5 mins. cool down
6/7/2022: Rest Day
6/8/2022: Pickleball 2.5 hours, walked at the park for an hour afterwards (yes. More pokemon go - had to hatch eggs)
6/9/2022: Rest day
6/10/2022: Lanebreak
(Peloton video game) Fleetwood Mac 20 mins.
6/11/2022: Power Zone 45 mins. (Denis Morton), 30 mins. Low Impact Bradley Rose, Post Ride Stretch, 10 mins. Core (with emma and this one was just too difficult for me), 10 mins. Light weight Arms (Tunde)

The Power zone challenge begins on Wed. (6 weeks). New schedule posted yesterday, so I got a jump on it and will continue.

I got busy with my laminator and laminated the schedule (first week), so I can mark it up, erase, etc. Maybe do it again in the futre (but highly doubt it). I also laminated a couple of rotations with light weights and arms for Tunde that include alternating hers and Hannah Corbin Barre workouts. each of those (add ons) are only 10 mins, so we'll see if I keep at it.

I finally went to a dermatologist for the rash on my face (it's all around my mouth, chin, etc.) It's been there for 6 months. I've been to the doctor and minute clinic, had many rounds of many medicines, many home remedies, etc, etc. NOTHING worked. It's from wearing a mask and having sensitive skin. Dermatologist has seen a lot of it. I am on yet another cream (very expensive - I call it gold) and a low dose of antibiotics for a month. She says she's had success with this combination on many patients. I'm a week in. The antibiotic does weird things to me (I swear it does - I don't ever take anything.) ... but who knows? Could just be me thinking that. At any rate. I'm a week in and I think it might getting better? Who knows. 3 more weeks to go. and then I go back for a recheck. Heat & Humidity was NOT helping so I knew it was time. Everything I'd done up to this point is all things she would have tried (I took pics of all the creams I was put on) so that eliminated all that trial and error and jumped right to the heavy duty stuff. Of course the ultimate remedy? Stop wearing a mask. Ummm. Yeah. can't happen.

I'm sure that had something to do with the slump I've been in. It's been a long time. Not to mention the economy, the red zone in our area (for covid) and all that. It's tiring. I'm tired.

Anyway, onward. With the challenge, I should at least be getting in my workouts. I can't complain. Life is good. I will try to check in more frequently (and with less rest days!)

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 10:02 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
A persistent facial rash sure WOULD give you the slumps! Fingers crossed the latest treatment works! You're not the only one who has had skin issues with masks - my head teacher at school got acne from them - big lumpy blinders & she's in her late 40s. I'm assuming you've tried different kinds of masks over that time. ((hugs))
It's the most rest days you've had literally in YEARS. (((double hugs!!)))

LILI
Waving at you.

Sunday
60min, Cathe (chrono) - Cardio Kicks
Have wrist-wrap weights with a thumb hole but they shift back/forth with every punch. Spent $60 on MMA weighted gloves that have holes for all fingers - SUCH a difference! Every time I use them, I'm glad to have them.

ETA
Monday Public holidy for Queen's Birthday
65min, Cathe (chrono) - Circuit Max mid-morning
46min, Cathe - Party Rockin' Step 2 - Step Mix late afternoon, with Kathryn

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-13-22, 07:49 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - that face rash sounds pesky! Hope the new meds do the trick. I don't blame you for being very careful, especially working around the public! You do not want to get Covid! My case was mild, but it is still lingering with mild congestion and post nasal drip. Mostly just annoying, but I could do without.
Helen - I'm not sure I could do Cathe twice in one day, but go you!

6/12 - Les Mills Body Step, 30 min. version of 121? I did have to do the lower modifications a few times, but that's why they give them, right?
dog walk and a little gardening.

Old 06-14-22, 05:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not going to get behind

Lili: I agree with modifications. We're still moving and it counts. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Helen: Yep -- face rash sounds similar to your co workers. It's almost like acne and poison ivy (do you have that over there?) combined. It's raised bumps, bright red and blech. One of the medicines is for treating acne. Anyway ... It's been about 10 days on the meds and I think there's some improvement. (not major though). But I continue. I go back to the doctor in 2.5 weeks. Who would have thought at MY age I'd have a problem with acne?!? (funny/not funny). And yes. I've used several different masks. I'm on to one for "sensitive skin". Seems to be best. But who knows?

On to me, me and all me:

6/12/2022: 45 mins. Ben Alldis Power Zone ride, 10 mins. Denis Morton Low impact ride, 15 mins. Country Lanebreak, 10 mins. Emma's low impact, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

6/13/2022: 30 mins. Matt Wilpers Power zone ride, 10 mins. Cool down ride Ben Alldis, 5 mins. Post ride stretch, 10 mins. Tunde Light weight arms.

about to go do something. Next up on the agenda? An hour Power zone ride, but that will have to wait until after work today or possibly tomorrow.

Had to get a new heart rate monitor. I use the wahoo tckr. It seems to sync best with my equipment and it's a chest strap. I tried the arm ones that everyone likes (like an arm band?) I don't care for it. It bugs me the entire workout. The snaps on the Wahoo tckr (after using it and sweating on it for a couple of years) just disintegrated into each other and made it unusable. So, ordered a new one, came yesterday and I'm ready to roll.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-15-22, 06:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Post and run

Best to not get behind.
Not a lot to report, but something (and it counts!)

6/14/2022: Row (Mike D.) a Sweat session 15 mins.

Was going to do something when I got home. But didn't! Just not realistic these days. But I need to change that habit (maybe).

Got a call from the dermatologist. Culture results are back. Nothing surprising. Continue on all the medicines. It will just take a longggggggg time to get better. Yep ... Knew that already. Going on 2 weeks. ONWARD . I go back to them in July for a check.

Gotta hit the bike.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 06-15-22, 10:01 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - It sounds like you are on the right course of action with the skin rash, it's just frustrating that it is taking so long to clear up! Especially considering how long you've been dealing with it!

5/13 - run in the park, not sure of the distance, since my watch didn't sync, but I mostly ran for 36 minutes. I didn't want to push it too much, as I hadn't done anything the week before.
I think there was a dog walk, too!
5/14 - dog walk
Jessica's new Total Body Circuit, w/o 2.

I've also been trying to sneak in some gardening in the evening, rather than watching the news. It just seems like I can never keep up with the weeds and pruning!

Tags
daily, every day check in, everyday, everyday workout