Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-21, 06:02 PM  
TinaT

BB Barre Blend... Who uses it?

My husband renewed our BBOD for another year and I've been previewing some of the Barre Blend workouts. They look quite interesting. I'm still trying to decide if I can handle the personality of the main instructor. I'm very much drawn to the 4-limb movement and the unique combos she's put together.

I enjoyed using Tracey Mallet and Suzanne Bowen Barre workouts from time to time but I've never used them exclusively. I really do think I'm burned out enough from what's on my shelves, that I may actually try something like this.

Also, where do I recognize the modifier from? Turbo Jam? I know she's been in other workouts.

Anyway, I would love to hear feedback on Barre Blend. Anyone actually completed the 60 day program?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 04:58 AM  
IceQueen07

I tried Barre Blend when it came out and I just couldn't handle the instructor, just too bubbly for me. It looked like a good program and I think people got results, I just could get past her.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I tried it and the pace was too quick for me. I really wanted to like it - the production quality was really nice - but I didn't.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:06 AM  
TinaT

Thanks ladies for posting. I'm afraid the bubbly personality might do it for me. I will try a few, since we have Beach Body for another year.
Old 05-17-21, 08:17 PM  
caren

Me!

I literally just wrote a blog post about barre blend last week. I LOVE that program.

I agree that Elise can be a little much, but damn, the choreography is so good.
She's one of the few barre instructors that don't bore me to tears.
caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 08:01 AM  
star117

I dont have BOD anymore, but I've done some of the free ones. I agree, I thought she was a bit much. But, since that expired, I still followed her on IG for a while for her positive energy. I read her story and it explains why she's so positive and it helps take the 'edge' off of it for me. If I ever get BOD again, I'll def being doing that program.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 08:16 AM  
TinaT

I've been going back and forth with the program since originally posting this thread. I do like what I see in reference to content... it's the reason I keep going back.

I can remember being a little irriated/put off with Chalene Johnson when she first hit the BB scene with Turbo Jam. Fast forward to today and I actually don't mind her at all. So maybe I just need time to get used to Elise.

I keep looking for low impact workouts that are different from what I used to do. (mainly Firms). Bare Blend keeps ticking many of the boxes.

Thanks for reviving this thread.
Old 05-20-21, 07:22 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by caren View Post
I literally just wrote a blog post about barre blend last week. I LOVE that program.

I agree that Elise can be a little much, but damn, the choreography is so good.
She's one of the few barre instructors that don't bore me to tears.
Thanks Caren. I’ve been debating whether to sign up for BOD to try this. I was on vacation the first week of May, now just had cataract surgery Monday so nothing but walking and cataract surgery next Friday for the other eye so will still be nothing but walking. I may give this a try once I get the okay to workout again since by then, it will have been able over a month since being able to workout.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre blend, beachbody, beachbody barre blend