Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-20, 03:58 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've also suffered with PF for over a year and got my injury doing high impact exercises with a running team at the track practice.

I bought a number of chair exercise workouts (most of them Senior workouts) but many were very good.

It's very important to stretch out your legs, calves and do exercises specifically for the feet. Miranda of Classical Stretch has some specific episodes that are geared for this.

I also used Jill Miller, too!

Walking was painful for me during the early stages so I couldn't do Leslie or Jessica walks.

Yoga is good, if it's gentle. Pilates would be good also.

I had a rolling rubber massage stick that I used religiously. I also massaged my feet nightly. I tried to wear one of those boot contraptions and it's very uncomfortable so only did so out of desperation.

Freeze a water bottle and roll that under the feet. I also wrapped my ankle with cool gel wraps, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 03:31 PM  
suzannaerin

PF is hell. It took mine quite a long time to heal and the Jill Miller foot segment was a help (not while it was actively inflamed). Ice baths/soaks for the injured foot. I am now very careful to stretch my calves and do foot exercises. ASending healing wishes your way.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 06:36 PM  
Jenn R

I had tendinitis in both my feet from the peroneus longus muscle (runs along the outer shins). I went to a podiatrist first and was diagnosed with cuboid issues. He fitted me with orthotics and I got worse. I went to physiotherapist and was then diagnosed with tendinitis. She did dry needling and shock wave therapy and it was like a miracle. I went from struggling to sleep as even the covers were too heavy for my feet to being able to walk and run within a couple of days. She encouraged me to keep moving and gave me some exercises. It occasionally will flare up again but not nearly as bad .
I Love that shock wave machine. It helped with my knee pain I was having this spring too. Good luck !
Jenn
Jenn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 11:14 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Along with the stretching and rolling, the thing that seemed to help the most with my PF was walking/standing barefoot on rocks. I read somewhere that walking on the uneven surface was good for PF, but I live in an apartment and didn't have access to anything like that, so based on a pic I saw in a magazine (Women's Running, maybe?), I got a cheap boot tray from BB&B and filled it with a layer of 1-2" smooth landscaping pebbles from Home Depot. I put in in the kitchen where I do most of my food prep. My PF cleared up within weeks, after I'd been struggling for about a year.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 04:28 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Along with the stretching and rolling, the thing that seemed to help the most with my PF was walking/standing barefoot on rocks. I read somewhere that walking on the uneven surface was good for PF, but I live in an apartment and didn't have access to anything like that, so based on a pic I saw in a magazine (Women's Running, maybe?), I got a cheap boot tray from BB&B and filled it with a layer of 1-2" smooth landscaping pebbles from Home Depot. I put in in the kitchen where I do most of my food prep. My PF cleared up within weeks, after I'd been struggling for about a year.
Very interesting! I wonder if the Yamuna foot wakers would do the same thing ?
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 04:28 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn R View Post
I had tendinitis in both my feet from the peroneus longus muscle (runs along the outer shins). I went to a podiatrist first and was diagnosed with cuboid issues. He fitted me with orthotics and I got worse. I went to physiotherapist and was then diagnosed with tendinitis. She did dry needling and shock wave therapy and it was like a miracle. I went from struggling to sleep as even the covers were too heavy for my feet to being able to walk and run within a couple of days. She encouraged me to keep moving and gave me some exercises. It occasionally will flare up again but not nearly as bad .
I Love that shock wave machine. It helped with my knee pain I was having this spring too. Good luck !
Jenn
I'm interested in hearing more about shock wave therapy and your knee pain. I've been struggling quite a bit with knee pain.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 09:33 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
Very interesting! I wonder if the Yamuna foot wakers would do the same thing ?
Maybe! Or massage sandals with the little nubs so you can walk around.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, emily splichal, foot injury, getting better, injuries, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, v-core