Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-07-20, 10:50 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Tonight I did a 2 mile treadmill walk and The Firm - Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs. I'm exhausted after a full day of looking at schedules on the computer.
Sissy, I'm with you on the lag from travel.
Deb, we were at 85 today too.
Hi, Leslie!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 03:37 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I walked on the treadmill and worked in the garden for six hours. We are trying to get the last row of roses weeded, barked, and mulched before Fall. DH is re-doing the rock wall he built about 20 years ago, which is awesome. We only have Saturdays to work on it now, so they are long days. I'm planning on a treadmill walk today too.

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-10-20, 07:19 AM  
dbclark44

Fri 8/7 - Park walk 50 min/2.34 miles; Cathe Live Med Ball Blast #308; 7957 steps/3.26 miles
Sat 8/8 - 3773 steps/1.54 miles
Sun 8/9 - 2606 steps/1.06 miles

Hello ladies. I did nothing over the weekend. Sometimes it's hard to motivate yourself to get moving although once you do, you can normally get into it.

The heat is back on in our area today. We're under a heat advisory from noon through 7 this evening. High temps and humidity make for a hot sticky day today. So it looks like an indoor workout for me today.

Chrys, your rose bed sounds fantastic especially with all the work you're putting in.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 10:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did Firm - Cardio Burn tonight. Today was 6 a.m. hair day, and tomorrow is schedule pickup day, so I will work 8 to noon and 4 - 7. I'll do a cardio workout in between, because we sit most of that time. The District decided that secondary schools will be hybrid to start school - two days at school, three days at home. All students will be home on Wednesdays, so the building can be cleaned.
Deb, I had a day of doing nothing on Sunday. It happens sometimes

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-12-20, 08:41 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 8/10 - GYF Knee Session #1; Cathe RWH Back Shoulders Biceps; Cathe Step Boss Abs Stacker; 2841 steps/1.16 miles
Tue 8/11 - GYF Knee Session #2; TM 65 min/3.02 miles; Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Back

Cathe RWH Back Shoulders Biceps kicked my butt! I was lifting heavier because it is a strength workout vs. endurance as she likes to say. I wanted to do the Triceps/Chest RWH today, but my doms is still kicking, so it looks like I'll be doing something metabolic where I can keep the weights light enough to move my upper body without working it too hard. Save that other part for Friday or Saturday after my doms has receded somewhat.

Good luck toy you Chrys. Stay healthy and sane this year with all that's going on.

Have a great hump day ladies.

Old 08-12-20, 10:06 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 8/6 - 7380 steps/3.12 miles
Friday, 8/7 - 4279 steps/1.81 miles
Saturday 8/8 -5994 steps/2.54 miles
Sunday, 8/9 - 3359 steps/1.42 miles
Monday, 8/10 - 5150 steps/2.18 miles
Tuesday, 8/11 - 5136 steps/2.17 miles

Honestly, right now I'm struggling with everything in general. It may be selfish, but I don't want a new normal, I want my life back and I don't see that happening anytime soon. And it doesn't help that when VF was down for system maintenance a few days ago, Wendy deleted all the check-in threads prior to August 2019. I wish there had been some warning because I lost posts about very significant events in my life over the past few years, memories and conversations that we had that I would have liked to have been able to save somewhere else if I had known they were going to disappear.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 07:53 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I want my life back too. My kids want their lives back. I talked to most of them a few days ago and was perky, chipper and encouraging when I talked to them. We walked today. Yesterday I did Firm Vol. 2, part 1

I tend to write and save my posts in OneNote, so I have a record of what I write, but not the conversation with my check-in friends.
Old 08-14-20, 07:48 AM  
dbclark44

Tue 8/11 - 9693 steps/3.97 miles
Wed 8/12 - GYF Knee Session #3; GYF Balance Session #1; GYF Morning Stretch; 2024 steps/,83 mile
Thu 8/13 - Cathe RWH Chest Shoulders Triceps; Cathe Step Boss Abs Stacker; 3909 steps/1.60 miles

I want my life back too. I don't like this new norm. I am just so thankful I don't have school age children to be concerned about. My Thursday bible study class is meeting this month every other week. But I opted to join them next month and sit out Aug. We have to keep our masks on during class and it's just not real comfortable for me. Bowling is back on starting next month. We'll probably have to keep our masks on the whole time we're bowling too. I think I would anyway just to be safe.

Sissy, I can't believe VF dumped everything before 2019. That's not even 2 years of history. Bet a lot of folks aren't happy bout that. I'm gonna pop over to GD and see what the talk is about. Bet it's being mentioned there.

Cathe's RWH is no joke! I try and lift as heavy as I can but even then it's not very much seeing as my heaviest weight is 20#. And I don't even have a barbell or plates anymore. Got rid of them. But I do have a couple of body bars, one 10# the other 15#. I use them to mimic Cathe when she uses the barbell if I don't just sub with dumb bells. But my goal isn't to build muscle per se, but to keep the muscles I have in shape. So I lift what I'm comfortable with and it may not be as heavy as Cathe, but man do I feel what I do lift.

Haven't got up early enough to go to the park and it's been a little humid this week, so I'm not walking as much. But I am trying too stay on top of my toning and walk the tm some days.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 08-16-20, 10:40 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We walked the dog both yesterday and today. My stomach and head have hurt all weekend. Im not sure if it's a bug or nerves because all the teachers come back and we will be in meetings tomorrow.
Chrys Dayley
Old 08-19-20, 08:00 AM  
dbclark44

Fri 8/14 - 4672 steps/1.91 miles; GYF Knees #4; Cathe Ab Circuits 20 min Stability Ball Abs;
Sat 8/15 - 6628 steps/2.71 miles; Park walk 32 min/1.5 miles; Cathe Step Boss PHA 3; youtube Travis Eliot Stars 30 min Yin Yoga session
Sun 8/16 - 3887 steps/1.59 miles
Mon 8/17 - 8292 steps/3.40 miles; Park walk 45 min/2.28 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch; Icy Melts Chest Back Shoulders Biceps Triceps one rd each: Icy Core 1
Tue 8/18 - 8670 steps/3.55 miles; Park walk 50 min/2.4 miles

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to keep it movin' as Devon on my GYF tapes likes to say at the end of each one of his sessions.

Have a great Hump Day ya'll.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers