Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-17, 09:44 AM  
prettyinpink

I would see posts and videos about the bruising and it made me sad how women hate on their bodies so much (and the FB is just one more example) that they would intentionally injure themselves to get rid of fat.

Shysters come and go. It is still surprising, though, how many people believe wild claims of people who obviously have no serious credentials or they wouldn't say the things they do. Although I think a lot of times, people don't care if the person has credentials or not.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 11:00 AM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
So glad you got a full refund! There is some seriously scary stuff happening surrounding AB and her "security team."

The fact that she lied about having a college AND a master's degree (and being a "scientist" - girl please!), lied about her ex-husband being a doctor, lied about one of her right-hand ladies being a "neuroscientist... ugh just the tip of her Iceberg of Lies. (although of course her ex and the supposed "neuroscientist" have a part to play in the deception, too - it was not just her).
Yes! Finally, there is someone who sees through all the smoke and mirrors.

I'm so happy too and I'm going my use my refund to pay for online streaming fitness memberships!

Her security team is a joke. She gave free massages to members of a military softball team. Then she recruited some of them to ensure her safety during her "dangerous" cellulite book tour.

These people are a bunch of egomaniacs. Her right-hand woman is now calling herself a guru. She is a physical therapist who has been working out of her home since 2003 but all of a sudden is a neuroscientist! EDIT: Kathleen has been fraudulently presenting herself as a neuroscientist. People started contacting Texas PT licensing boards. She has since deleted neuroscientist from her Linkedin page in attempt to prevent her license from being revoked for misrepresentation and boundary violations.

The whole entire crew....a bunch of liars.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 12:01 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I didn't buy this device to cure cellulite. I bought it because some members on this board were recommending the device for pain. I can usually rely on advice given on this forum but this is the one time I regret being influenced by this board.

I was cautious from the start. I am familiar with myofascial release and trigger point therapy. I did not go hard but still experienced side effects. Some pain was relieved but I also began experiencing pain in other parts of my body where there was none before. I also noticed a couple other weird things and began to keep a watchful eye on the main Facebook group. The amount of ill advice and censorship was alarming.

One day, I read a post where Ashley and her motivators were denouncing a horrible hateful troll group. I am so thankful for that post! I joined and all of my seemingly unrelated side effects lined up with theirs and everything made sense. They weren't trolls at all. They were women who were sharing what happened to their bodies after using the devices after being shunned and blocked for trying to get help. Unfortunately, some women were early adopters and have been horribly injured. They are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to heal their bodies. My heart breaks for them. On top of this, they are been sued, stalked, harassed, and hacked. This all sounds crazy until it happens to you. Right after writing a couple of posts expressing concern regarding Fasciablaster usage, someone tried to access my account and reset my password.

This has been a crappy experience but some good has come out of it. I learned the role inflammation plays in many diseases, the importance of hormone balance, increased my knowledge of the automatic nervous system, endocrine system, kidney and liver function, adrenal fatigue, and increased my understanding of the lymphatic system.

After seeing all the potential damage, I returned my blasters and demanded full refunds, shipping included.

By the way, Ashley is suing another customer for defamation and it is backfiring on her. She has a history of lying and the latest public court documents prove she has absolutely no college degree at all. She only has a high school diploma and here she is diagnosing people and recommending treatment from photographs. Please take off your blinders.

This sounds so awful. I'm sorry this caused pain to you. I don't have a fascia blaster, but I have been curious about it for myofascial release (using it the way other VFers have successfully used it.) I'm wondering - do you have an idea of what might have caused your increase in pain?

(As a sidenote - I see Ashley Black has lately been making wildly false claims about her education and training. I have to say, though, I had not seen any claims like that before...I was always under the impression that she was just a regular person with no specific medical background, who found something that helped her and the wanted to promote it, and as such I thought consumers should have a "buyer beware" attitude with it. To be clear though, I don't mean to blame the victim, especially with the crazy facebook ranting she appears to have been engaging in.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 12:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

(((keilan00)))

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 01:45 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
This sounds so awful. I'm sorry this caused pain to you. I don't have a fascia blaster, but I have been curious about it for myofascial release (using it the way other VFers have successfully used it.) I'm wondering - do you have an idea of what might have caused your increase in pain?
I have a tightness on the right side of my body. It's mainly my right hand, shoulder, upper back, and hip. I got brainwashed with Ashley's mantra that everything is connected and you need to blast the entire length of the body. I worked on my calves and now I have pain in my right heel. I don't know how to explain it. It feels like my connective tissue, tendons and/or ligaments in my heel seized up and aren't flexible anymore. When I put a lot of weight on my foot or bend over and stretch my foot, there is intense pain. I stopped blasting a couple months ago and it's getting better.

If you're interested in myofascial release, I recommend getting a couple of tennis balls and racquetballs and the book The Role Model by Jill Miller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
(((keilan00)))
Aww, thank you Alta! I haven't been visiting this forum much. I was more of a lurker anyways. I remember laughing at your posts. You and Debbie S. were my favorites.
Old 07-28-17, 02:16 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
As a sidenote - I see Ashley Black has lately been making wildly false claims about her education and training. I have to say, though, I had not seen any claims like that before...I was always under the impression that she was just a regular person with no specific medical background, who found something that helped her and the wanted to promote it, and as such I thought consumers should have a "buyer beware" attitude with it. To be clear though, I don't mean to blame the victim, especially with the crazy facebook ranting she appears to have been engaging in.)
She has? Where are you seeing these claims? I don't remember her ever outright claiming to have a college education. She's mentioned being in college but not having a degree.

I just watched a Facebook video where she responded to the wild claims circulating on the www lately. She actually requested that anyone who feels that they were injured or had side effects from the FB contact them so that they can investigate. Of course there are two sides to every story. Remember that stalking and threatening someone to quiet them down isn't legal. If it were me I'd at least file a police report.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 02:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
Aww, thank you Alta! I haven't been visiting this forum much. I was more of a lurker anyways. I remember laughing at your posts. You and Debbie S. were my favorites.
I'm pretty sure Debbie S (and others) left VF because of the Fascia Blaster Wars last year.

VF isn't as funny anymore...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:00 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
She has? Where are you seeing these claims? I don't remember her ever outright claiming to have a college education. She's mentioned being in college but not having a degree.

I just watched a Facebook video where she responded to the wild claims circulating on the www lately. She actually requested that anyone who feels that they were injured or had side effects from the FB contact them so that they can investigate. Of course there are two sides to every story. Remember that stalking and threatening someone to quiet them down isn't legal. If it were me I'd at least file a police report.
C'mon. Ashley claims to be a scientist, ad nauseam. How many scientists do you know who don't have college degrees? She claimed she was a licensed massage therapist. Nope on that, too!

Is it coincidence that Ashley finally made a video the other day coming clean that she has no certifications immediately after court information became public?

One of the reasons why she tells people to private message her with their issues is to help her to quickly identify these people and block them from the Ashley Black Guru Facebook business page so they can't leave a review in the future.

Sometimes she blocks people for researching and doing due diligence before buying her product.

Old 07-28-17, 03:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Debbie S (and others) left VF because of the Fascia Blaster Wars last year.

NoraKate left also. She was harassed by phone at six am on a Sunday as a result of that thread last year. Someone likely from here called her. She is not a member of Facebook. Imagine getting a phone call at that time. She thought a family member had died.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:11 PM  
Lannette

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
NoraKate left also. She was harassed by phone at six am on a Sunday as a result of that thread last year. Someone likely from here called her. She is not a member of Facebook. Imagine getting a phone call at that time. She thought a family member had died.
Seriously? Wars? I don't remember anything approaching a war. Can we stop acting like 7th graders and act like grown women?

I know NoraKate supposedly left. I know she said someone phoned her. Why didn't she follow up with her phone company?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ashley black, ashley black guru, body dysmorphia, buyer beware, cellulite, fascia, fascia blaster, fasciablaster, fasciablaster injuries, injuries