Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-16, 09:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Whew sounds like it was a good thing I did not go down - those classes would have slain me!

I'm glad you all had fun, and have some nice DOMS to remember the day by.

Our law clerk went down to the City to visit the Met and just have a NYC day yesterday and was enthralled by the NY Marathon in progress. He was telling me how well orchestrated it all was and that it did not have too great of an impingement on anybody.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 11:26 AM  
acey

So glad you had great workouts and a great time, and so bummed that it coincided with my big life move ... pics?
Old 11-07-16, 07:03 PM  
lingo10

Sounds like a great time! sorry to miss! Ive always wanted to try tramp and those overhead bands since I see them in alot of studios these days (alla TA) and the pulley systems (alla Refine Method and GST).

Sounds like a killer to go to school/work after doing a double like that!

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 10:11 AM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

The bands were new for me. The surface area of the rebounder is smaller than my old one I bought in 1982 (and which is mainly used by the cats to sleep on these days LOL)

Anyway I was happy to have those bands - kept me from falling off a couple of times. It was a lot of fun though.
Old 11-08-16, 11:59 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It is always fun to be in the company of VFers, whether to take a class or go shopping at a fitness conference or have lunch. These classes were different from any of the past classes we've taken in NY (which include Lotto Berk, Physique 57, Margaret Richard, and Ilaria Montegnani) due to the use of the trampoline. I think that all of us were surprised by the level of difficulty of the first class and the instructor's failure to help our group of first-timers. I sent an email to Whitney yesterday, telling her my impressions of the classes and instructors.

I am glad to have tried a new fitness challenge that was out of my comfort zone. It is also always nice to have a lovely group of people come together, bonded by a love of fitness.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 05:51 AM  
bk1

I had to leave the first class because I felt that I was falling off the trampoline. The second class was more my pace. Aly is a nice instructor.
bk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 07:58 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk1 View Post
I had to leave the first class because I felt that I was falling off the trampoline. The second class was more my pace. Aly is a nice instructor.
I preferred the 2nd class too! I was grateful for the bands since they did tend to keep me from falling off LOLOL The classes were good, but tough. It was nice to see you!
Old 11-10-16, 02:24 PM  
buffmama

Thank you FitBoop for planning our fun day out. Got a few giggles at Bari jumping around like a puppet attached to the ceiling and doing my own thing instead of even trying to follow the instructor at times. I would never try that on my own and was glad for the company and encouragement that is VF. Lingo you were missed! After seeing me shake at Exhale, I was looking forward to working out with you again. Barb X2, Beth, Kathy, Sanchia - great seeing and talking with all of you!

Tags
new york city, the bari studio, vf get-together