Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-15, 11:56 AM  
cecififi

Yes, skipping meals might be part of the problem. Your metabolism will naturally slow down in response to this. IF is really more about narrowing the window during the day a little but still having lots to eat. I know we aren't supposed to talk about diet so I will just end it there. My problem? I eat too much chocolate, everyday. In fact, I just had some now. How to get off chocolate? I need an intervention.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 12:54 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Me too!! Very short-waisted. Rib-to-hip space is almost nonexistent.

If my body was proportional to my legs I'd be 6 feet tall.

Theresa Tapp talks about this in her book, about how someone who is short-waisted will see different results from someone who is longer-waisted.
Well, I'd be a lot taller than 5'2". My Mom is 5'4" and hemmed my pants 1/2" longer than hers so I'm all legs.

And to the OP not eating but one meal a day is definitely going to play havoc on your metabolism.
Old 06-02-15, 12:57 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

This guy is trying to sell books, but he does make valid points:

*How your metabolism responds over a year after an ill-advised diet*

http://scottabelfitness.com/how-your...-advised-diet/

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 01:48 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
.... In fact, I just had some now. How to get off chocolate? I need an intervention.
Would an intervention include chocolate cake, Godiva truffles and dark chocolate cocoa with whip cream? Because I'm here to support you if that is the case
Old 06-02-15, 05:31 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I know diet is a verboten subject here, but I'll just say that I think we're getting to the root of why you haven't lost much weight! Starving yourself is most certainly counterproductive to weight loss especially when you are working out! Glad to read that you've given up that ill-advised plan and are starting to eat regular meals again.

I'm kinda curious why you kept the "no eating breakfast/lunch" plan up for 6 months though when you weren't getting the desired results.
This is exactly why diet shouldn't be allowed to be discussed here......I kept starting threads about what programs are good for weight loss and everyone kept answering me with its all about your diet...not your workouts.....nobody really knew what I was eating or cared to PM me so they shouldn't have kept telling me that. I have a rather extreme personality....so here I am hardly eating nothing ......and now that i look back on this I think its probably been longer than the period I said.

Then recently, I started conversing with my dear friend....the one that looks like a fitness model in her early 60s and she know all about my injuries and such and i ran down every morsel of food I'm eating...Popsicles and everything and she said I'm not eating nearly. enough calories to support my injuries and showed me articles on the subject. Here I'm thinking its due to my age.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 05:34 PM  
lorajc

This stupid tablet...wouldn't let me type on that page any longer....anyway...she knows I don't cook and I'm a vegetarian so shed me figure out things with good fat and protein to add to my diet.....but some days....like today and yesterday....my calories are still too low and I'm struggling to find things to eat...my pain was so bad this morning because I exacerbated my spinal injury so I slept in and when I do that i don't eat enough for the day. She also brought to my attention my sugar intake and carbs needed adjusted....thank goodness for friends like her. She was gentle with me too.

Plus I wasn't doin much cardio so i thought it was from that. Plus I thought eating snacks was enough? Everyone said cut down.
Old 06-02-15, 06:01 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
This is exactly why diet shouldn't be allowed to be discussed here......I kept starting threads about what programs are good for weight loss and everyone kept answering me with its all about your diet...not your workouts.....nobody really knew what I was eating or cared to PM me so they shouldn't have kept telling me that. I have a rather extreme personality....so here I am hardly eating nothing ......and now that i look back on this I think its probably been longer than the period I said.

Then recently, I started conversing with my dear friend....the one that looks like a fitness model in her early 60s and she know all about my injuries and such and i ran down every morsel of food I'm eating...Popsicles and everything and she said I'm not eating nearly. enough calories to support my injuries and showed me articles on the subject. Here I'm thinking its due to my age.
I'm confused what you're upset about? You ask a question & then you volunteer information about how little you eat & when people chime in some help - you get upset they're talking about how detrimental that is to your results

If you're eating so little because of a comment made here I think you're missing the point. Have you seen a doctor or a nutritionist? I think you need some professional guidance to help you achieve your goal.

There is no magic workout bullet. Unfortunately it really stems down to what & how much you eat. Period. The reason people keep going back to diet is because you can't workout to beat a bad diet. Especially as we get older & go through menopause. It seems you keep searching for magical workouts that just don't exist.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 06:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I'm confused what you're upset about? You ask a question & then you volunteer information about how little you eat & when people chime in some help - you get upset they're talking about how detrimental that is to your results

If you're eating so little because of a comment made here I think you're missing the point. Have you seen a doctor or a nutritionist? I think you need some professional guidance to help you achieve your goal.

There is no magic workout bullet. Unfortunately it really stems down to what & how much you eat. Period. The reason people keep going back to diet is because you can't workout to beat a bad diet. Especially as we get older & go through menopause. It seems you keep searching for magical workouts that just don't exist.
I agree with Sue. VFers are always trying to be helpful. When they say to watch your diet, they usually mean to cut out processed food, chocolate (also my weakness), and junk food. That's it. They don't go into specifics because diet discussion is not allowed.

However, I was also going to comment that you're not eating enough food. That's all I say since I don't know your whole diet. I agree with Sue that you should talk to a professional nutritionist.

Also, I have seen threads where a VFer has mentioned that they think you're not eating enough. Maybe, you didn't see this advice. I only remembered because I was going to mention the same thing.
Old 06-02-15, 06:32 PM  
Loriann

I believe Rachael Cosgrove mentioned in one of the warm ups of D2S that stretching your hip flexors was a good way to keep your abs looking flatter? She had us stretching each side for at least a minute. I try to keep this up and then I get lazy again and neglect it.

Also Horizontal Conditioning had me with the best abs of my life, but I find myself drifting back to other workouts because I enjoy them more.

Lori
Old 06-02-15, 06:51 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post

I didn't say I was upset...nor did I say I'm looking for a magic bullet. I understand it's about diet and exercise.....I was only stating a fact about PAST threads I've started, not this one. And I was eating hardly anything because of all the PAST threads and responses to those about watching my diet.

Tags
abdominals, aging, belly fat, diet, menopause, menopot, muffin top, over 50, pooch, post-menopause