Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-12, 07:08 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippadog View Post
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the exercises used on the early stage dvds of this set. I want to see what exercises are used before I buy. I'm not good at snatches, so I don't want something with loads of snatches.

Thanks

Laura
the breakdowns were posted in this thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=166361
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 03:57 PM  
Yoyogirl72

I caved!

I'm currently doing skogg but after reading most of the GIANT rks thread here I caved and bought it. I got it on Friday along with the pink 8kg bell. It's so purdy! Plan to start in another month when I finish skogg and round 2 of Jillian michaels body revolution.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 08:51 PM  
fitmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
I'm currently doing skogg but after reading most of the GIANT rks thread here I caved and bought it. I got it on Friday along with the pink 8kg bell. It's so purdy! Plan to start in another month when I finish skogg and round 2 of Jillian michaels body revolution.
I received the set Saturday with the 8kg bell as well. I've never had a competition bell before, and loved it so much I ordered the 12kg, which is supposed to come this Friday. I'm loving this set and hope you do too!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 11:02 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
I received the set Saturday with the 8kg bell as well. I've never had a competition bell before, and loved it so much I ordered the 12kg, which is supposed to come this Friday. I'm loving this set and hope you do too!
I hope to get strong enough to need the 12kg bell! I'm currently doing level 3 skogg with a 10# bell which is light but its about all i can handle after a Jillian michaels body revolution disc. What gloves do you use? I'm developing calluses with the 10 # bell and am worried about what the heavier bell will do when I start rks.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 11:43 AM  
fitmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
I hope to get strong enough to need the 12kg bell! I'm currently doing level 3 skogg with a 10# bell which is light but its about all i can handle after a Jillian michaels body revolution disc. What gloves do you use? I'm developing calluses with the 10 # bell and am worried about what the heavier bell will do when I start rks.
I bought Skogg and can't wait to try that system. I have never used gloves, and I just did Workout 5 of RKS yesterday, the 15 minute ladder press sequence, followed by 15 minutes of right and left hand swings. There are rests in between, but ya, my hands were a little sore afterwards. I may just use the 12kg bell for suitcase deadlifts and some two-handed swings if I don't feel comfortable enough with other movements.
Old 07-31-12, 01:43 PM  
nevertoolate

Today I did RKS Workout 11 using a 15# for the single arm swings and squats and a 20# for the double arm swings and the rows. Whew!! Boy did that get my heart rate up! Love this set!

I completed the Skogg system using a 10# and 15# bell. I don't use gloves, but I do use chalk. That seem to help.

I'm going to order a 25# bell, because I think I need to move up to that for double arm swings. I wish I could try a competition bell to see the difference. I'm afraid to order one without trying it first. The comp bell seems so big compared to the other bells.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 01:46 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
Fitmiller,

Did you order your 12kg bell from RKS? I can't find anywhere on the website where you can order just the bells. I may be interested in ordering a 25# regular bell from them. I like the 15# bell (regular, not comp) that came with the set.

If you ordered it from RKS, where did you find it?

TIA

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 02:00 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

You can order just the KB from RKS. Go to the Products tab at the top of the home page, then the Kettlebells tab on the left side of the Products page.

I'm still hoping someone has a current discount code I want to order a new bell as well!

ETA: After 15lbs, their bells are competition size only.
Old 07-31-12, 02:03 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Fitmiller,

Did you order your 12kg bell from RKS? I can't find anywhere on the website where you can order just the bells. I may be interested in ordering a 25# regular bell from them. I like the 15# bell (regular, not comp) that came with the set.

TIA

Ann
Here's the RKS KB page.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 02:05 PM  
fitmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Fitmiller,

TIA

Ann
Nevertoolate,

Click on "products" at the top of the RKS website page, and on the product page, click on "kettlebells", and you'll see it. The 12kg is $45.99 plus $19.95 shipping, but I used the code "FACEBOOKFAN10" which took $4.60 off so my grand total came to $61.34. It's supposed to come Friday by FedEx. I'll let you know how I like it. I couldn't find a 12kg competition bell cheaper than that anywhere else, except for Perform Better. They have a 50% off sale going on right now till the beginning of September, so I ordered the 10kg (20pound) competition bell. I think it came to $56.13 total. I love those in between sizes. They have a 14kg (30 pound) competition size too, but I don't think I'm ready for that one yet.

Tags
reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, reinhardt kettlebell, rks