Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-11, 10:08 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
I wish she would come up with some kettlebell workouts led only by her. Love everything about her style and appearance and think Anthony and Beth are the perfect kettlebell *couple*.
She does have a website that has down loadable workouts. I think this is the right website:

http://bcbhf.com/2011/what-kettlebell-does-for-you/

Here's my take.

First, KettleWorx is definitely not a workout to start your adventures with kettlebells with. The form in this workout is horrid at best. I consider workouts like this AWT kettlebell workouts, not traditional kettlebell workouts.

I also wouldn't recommend RKS at first. Even though the workouts are good, there is no structure with this set. They are a series of workouts that progresses way too quickly for someone just starting out. The key to kettlebell training is working on your foundation until you perfect it, and then build up.

DVDs that offer great tutorials and great workouts are Skogg's system, and Anthony's tutorial. Anthony's Providence is a great intro workout, too.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 12:25 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
She does have a website that has down loadable workouts. I think this is the right website:

http://bcbhf.com/2011/what-kettlebell-does-for-you/
Thank you for this!
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 12:47 PM  
Mollyqr

agreed

Quote:
I also wouldn't recommend RKS at first. Even though the workouts are good, there is no structure with this set. They are a series of workouts that progresses way too quickly for someone just starting out. The key to kettlebell training is working on your foundation until you perfect it, and then build up.

DVDs that offer great tutorials and great workouts are Skogg's system, and Anthony's tutorial. Anthony's Providence is a great intro workout, too.
I agree 100 percent... I have both Skogg and RKS ... Skogg is better for beginners and instruction...
Mollyqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:01 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyqr View Post
I agree 100 percent... I have both Skogg and RKS ... Skogg is better for beginners and instruction...
I agree also on this, Skogg is the better of the two for beginners, so is Anthony's tutorial.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:14 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
I agree also on this, Skogg is the better of the two for beginners, so is Anthony's tutorial.
I agree that the Skogg tutorial is very good.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 01:58 PM  
Pascal

Is Skogg a decent system for people who have some kettlebell experience under their belt?
Old 09-07-11, 02:03 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:

I completely agree with this. My husband and I bought both RKS and Skogg. Both were fine, but were first-time kettlebell users and there was just too much with RKS. The beauty with Skogg is that you really get the chance to perfect your moves. I think the program is brilliant. We're starting our sixth week and we still notice little things to improve and sometimes watch the tutorial again. Our form has really improved greatly. And it does not get boring because he changes things up with the different DVDs. We will do RKS some day, and sometimes we do the disk where it's just two-handed swings, but we want perfect form so we're really good and Skogg is perfect for that.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 02:07 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Is Skogg a decent system for people who have some kettlebell experience under their belt?
I would think so if you did the level 4. I'm not "experienced" but we can see ourselves doing this in the future. The warm-up in flow was tough for me, dive bombers, (tough for me, at least). We really enjoy all the disks.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:24 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Thank you for this!
But it's a subscription that she charges $47 for
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:35 PM  
Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
I would think so if you did the level 4. I'm not "experienced" but we can see ourselves doing this in the future. The warm-up in flow was tough for me, dive bombers, (tough for me, at least). We really enjoy all the disks.
Or if you use a heavier bell... that would up the ante for more experienced users, too, wouldn't it?

The warmup in Ladders got me! Whew! Haven't done Flow yet but so far I'm really enjoying Skogg.

My first love will always be Lauren Brooks, though. Ha! I had a brief flirtation with Anthony, who taught me the Turkish Get Ups in his Minute of Strength, and I'm passing time with Skogg, but my heart belongs to Lauren.
Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebells, rks, skogg