Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-11, 03:32 PM  
Fit Mommy

You didn't like Butts and Guts??? really? I loved this workout...the cardio effect was killer! Maybe it will surprise you next time...it is truly one of my go-to workouts when I want to scorch some serious calories!

Good luck!
Fit Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 03:49 PM  
rose2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit Mommy View Post
You didn't like Butts and Guts??? really? I loved this workout...the cardio effect was killer! Maybe it will surprise you next time...it is truly one of my go-to workouts when I want to scorch some serious calories!

Good luck!
I know everyone raved about it, that's one of the reasons I got it. I do like her personality alot & it did have good cardio factor, but there's sooo many squat/lunge moves...my lower back was starting to really "talk" to me toward the end. I will def give another try...you know how sometimes you don't click at first, but then try another time & it's love (or at least like)?

In any case, I'm still wanting to get RKS plus the pink 8kg bell...oh, also Paul Katami's new one, and oh I preordered Cathe, too! Help, I'm addicted!
rose2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 03:59 PM  
momof10

I ordered this last night just after reading the few posts on this thread. I couldn't resist. I have no control over any of this stuff. If I think I will like it, I buy it. I have been doing RIP60 for a while now and i love it.

Just think of it this was, 16 30 minute workouts. That's 8 hours of workouts, who can resist such a deal, plus he is so easy on the eyes. That may have swayed me a little. Hey, I didn't preorder MB45, so I guess I can justify buying this one. I will let you know when I get mine and how much i love it. I did like the pink KB, too, but I couldn't justify buying that. My husband never says anything about all the DVDs I buy. He knows I am addicted!!!!

It's everyone on VF who enable me.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 04:05 PM  
caligurl

well hello!? how long before they get them to you? we're impatiently awaiting REVIEWS and BREAKDOWNS!

not that i need anymore kettlebell workouts right now... cuz i don't.... not really... so i won't read the revies (yes i will)!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 04:06 PM  
Fit Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
I know everyone raved about it, that's one of the reasons I got it. I do like her personality alot & it did have good cardio factor, but there's sooo many squat/lunge moves...my lower back was starting to really "talk" to me toward the end. I will def give another try...you know how sometimes you don't click at first, but then try another time & it's love (or at least like)?

In any case, I'm still wanting to get RKS plus the pink 8kg bell...oh, also Paul Katami's new one, and oh I preordered Cathe, too! Help, I'm addicted!
Oh goodness! I wanted so badly to pre order cathe, but there was only like 2 DVDs out of the 10 that I REALLY wanted, so I passed on that one!

And...I just made a money transfer from my savings to my "shopping account" and I'm officially going to make the splurge on RKS tomorrow after I break it gently to my husband tonight. I too am eyeing Paul katami's new one...still awaiting a clip though! And I just bought two new kettlebells last month at like $50 plus a pop...so this must be my last big purchase for a while.

Regarding butts and guts and lower back pain...I too noticed that right around the time in the workout when she began her one arm rows with the side and back lunges...but I just ignored it the first few workouts and I think as my back and core got stronger, the pain just disappeared!
Old 05-19-11, 04:08 PM  
Fit Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I ordered this last night just after reading the few posts on this thread. I couldn't resist. I have no control over any of this stuff. If I think I will like it, I buy it. I have been doing RIP60 for a while now and i love it.

Just think of it this was, 16 30 minute workouts. That's 8 hours of workouts, who can resist such a deal, plus he is so easy on the eyes. That may have swayed me a little. Hey, I didn't preorder MB45, so I guess I can justify buying this one. I will let you know when I get mine and how much i love it. I did like the pink KB, too, but I couldn't justify buying that. My husband never says anything about all the DVDs I buy. He knows I am addicted!!!!

It's everyone on VF who enable me.

Cheryl
Yay!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it...I'm buying my set tomorrow...I hope the shipping is fast...those workouts can't get here fast enough! Lol
Old 05-19-11, 04:09 PM  
caligurl

i've already got my order in for katami's new one.... can't wait to try it! hope it's a good one! and i'm doing butts & guts tomorrow!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 04:16 PM  
rose2boys

Is Paul's new one avail for purchase already? Where?

On another note, anyone know where to get 8kg bell in an actual store? The shipping is crazy, but really like the one I see on RKS site.
rose2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 04:20 PM  
momof10

I do Butts & Guts twice a week. When I first started it, I used a 10# KB and I would feel tightness in my lower back, just on my left side. It was always when she was doing the the squat/lunge sequence. I now use a 12# KB and it doesn't hurt my back at all anymore. I love this workout, because of the Cardio effect with no impact. This workout isn't for everybody though.

I will definitely let everyone know when I get these workouts.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 04:32 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
Is Paul's new one avail for purchase already? Where?
Mary has one for preorder, due out June 20. I don't know if that's the one she's talking about or not.

Tags
doug reinhardt, evan owens, evil enablers, kettlebell, owen evans, reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks, rks workout