Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-06, 05:46 PM  
cmiyachi

Smile Very Funny VF get-together story

As many of you know, I'm doing Ana Forrest Teacher Training (for yoga). We trainees taught a "Intro to Forrest Yoga" workshop this past weekend. I posted the dates on VF and Ltljen101 told me she was attending. For some reason I thought she was going on Sunday but she came on Friday.

Anyway, I didn't teach on Friday so I didn't see Jen. And when I taught on Sunday, I look for all the students and I saw a "Jen". She was an older woman and was very small so I thought it made sense that she was "Ltljen". I said "Hi Jen - I'm Chris". She pretended to know me. It was kind of hectic so I didn't mention VF and just chatted about yoga. I found out she lives right near me and wants to become a teacher soon.

After the class, which she loved (she also loved the studio and is signing up after the summer!), we exchanged e-mails and I took a picture with her.

Today I get a PM from the real LitlJen101 who asked where I was. We exchanged a few PMs and she said she wasn't there on Sunday.

So thank you VF for helping me make a new yoga friend but it was LitlJen101!

Jen - you know have to come to my class to I can finally meet you.

Ltljen101

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 06:55 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

LOL, Chris! What a great story!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-06, 08:14 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Chris, that's a great story!!!

I'm so sorry I didn't make it on Sunday -- long story which I'll share off-line. I'm glad it's going well, though .

xxoo
meg
Old 08-01-06, 08:22 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

What a nice story! She must have thought you were the friendliest darn stranger she'd ever met! And if you knew that she wasn't who you thought she was ( ), then you wouldn't have made a new friend.

So are you telling stranger-Jen the story?

Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 09:16 AM  
Ltljen101

This cracks me up. I thought I was losing it because I read your post on the Yoga check in saying you met me

I'm only 26!

I did love that studio and am going to try the 2 weeks unlimited.. where do you teach Chris and I will meet you!!
Ltljen101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 01:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

that kind of reminds me of this story - i work with a woman who is caucasian but has a japanese last name. i had only e-mailed her and spoken to her on the phone initially - i had no idea that she was caucasian.

anyhoo, after a couple of years, i went to a pregnancy prep class and met a woman with the same first and last name - she was of japanese descent. we didn't talk to eachother during the class because the class was very intense and there were several couples attending.

oh, and my co-worker was also pregnant at the time.

so the next day, my co-worker had spoken to me on the phone and i said oh - how did you like the class last night? and she said "what class?" and i explained, and she said, oh, i want you to know that i am caucasian - that couldn't have been me in that class! i felt really weird because up to that point, the 2 of us STILL had not met face to face!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together