Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-22, 08:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a nice low-key kind of day. I got things done in the kitchen, started getting my schedule straightened out with the people I train (for next week), and got some small things done around the house. I am starting to feel like I'm going to get back into the swing of things at some point this week.

DH felt lousy once again. They said that his bronchitis would take 3-4 weeks to get over, but I was hoping he would feel better after taking the steroids. Guess we'll see if he feels better after the he finishes the steroids. I asked him if he wanted to try to go back to the doctor, but he said not yet. He did find out that the chest x-ray he had done on Friday came back clear/fine.

Vantreesta - I can understand feeling discombobulated by the wait. That happens so often in the medical field. Hang in there.

Anita - It sounds like a really nice trip. I'm glad you had a good time away.

Paula - I use my InstantPot a fair amount and I'm glad I have it. However, I'll never give up my slow cooker. Over the years, I've used that more than anything else. I've noticed on some online recipe sites that they will do one recipe and give different versions of it - slow cooker, InstantPot, oven, etc. Some things are better done with one device versus another, but these days you can do a lot of recipes in whatever device you have.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 11:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Laura, that's one of my big fears, that surgery would actually make things worse. I'm sorry that happened to your mom. My friend uses her InstantPot often. I've never been interested in one of those or the air fryer that all my family loves so much. I don't want anything else sitting on my counters. I'm sorry your DH isn't starting to feel better yet. It's hard to be patient for improvement!

Anita, I've vicariously enjoyed your trip back to your home stomping grounds! Glad you had a good time. Cyric is a rescue and he must have had a bad first year of his life bc he is very wary of people. Once he lets you in you're golden but that's only about 4 people besides the staff at the kennel. And two of those people live in AZ! I'm glad you're able to make the choice on your own to give up your house and move to the new place. And even better that you're looking forward to it!

Paula, I actually haven't changed anything I'm doing bc of my feet. They barely hurt so this issue has never stopped me from doing anything. Well, I guess I am doing one thing differently. He said when my toes are in dorsiflexion the bones at the big toe joint are jamming into each other, so until I know more I am not doing calf raises and in general trying not to go up on my toes. That isn't always easy when you're 5'2"! But I also squat, kneel and crouch a lot so I'm just being careful about the dorsiflexion. That sneaky little squirrel in your patio cushions! I have heard they can be destructive but they're so darn cute! Just like I love watching the deer in the backyard but they destroyed our arborvitae a few years ago. No, Anita and I have never met, at least as far as I know!

Random--I've never had a passport. I went to Canada once long ago when you could cross with only a few questions and didn't even need ID. Now I have the enhanced license so I can go to Canada (I really want to go to Banff and Nova Scotia) when we are able. But I'm not interested in going to any other country. I hate flying!

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for being so welcoming.

Yesterday after my PT appt I made a quadruple batch of my pumpkin pancakes while I danced around to my new hip hop running playlist for about 3 hours. I had a blast! My Fitbit recorded my running laps at PT as an 11 minute run so I called that and the dancing my workout. Today was laundry, dishes and pulling weeds. Tonight I had grief group. I haven't done a formal workout yet today but I'm fixing to do my PT exercises. Tmrw I must run before it gets to 90!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 12:18 PM  
sciencelady

Getting lots of server errors today
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 12:18 PM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm home! Yesterday I was online getting tickets to events at the Latvian Song and Dance Festival and did get some - not a dawn to sunset type day (or even later) but a few things in the middle of the day - I got the intro ceremony, the big dance performance and the big song performance - that's it! I need to keep Friday open as I'll be working at the WRC and seeing a Shakespeare play with some friends in the evening. I'll be hosting a friend here starting tomorrow.
Old 06-29-22, 12:19 PM  
sciencelady

Today I'll be doing laundry and getting some groceries. I'll go to a park for a walk before it gets too hot outside.
Old 06-29-22, 12:20 PM  
sciencelady

Vantreesta, sorry for the delay for your foot appointment - it seems everything is backed up in the medical field - I'd still be waiting for Gus's knee surgery till the end of July! I'm glad you're still able to walk around without discomfort or limping. The friend I stayed with in West Allis just had foot surgery for bunions and it's a lot of therapy to try to get going again - she needs the foot elevated above her head most of the day. She can still get up and walk around in her boot, but it's a short while. It's a step backwards from where she was before surgery, but hopefully the end result will be better. I dream of getting to Banff one of these days! I'd take a train trip out across Canada as a dream vacation. The passport is a nice check the box task to finish - do it before you schedule your trip as getting the passport may take a while! on pumpkin pancakes!
Old 06-29-22, 12:20 PM  
sciencelady

Paula, Arg! on that squirrel! My cushion is ripped open at the seam from washing it in a machine, but not because an animal opened it. (I did sew the seam back together). I don't want to move back to my old places, just curious what they now look like on the inside and spend a few minutes remembering the place. I'm definitely on my way to the co-op now - waiting for the phone call calling me in to select a unit! No, I haven't met Vantreesta at least not that I knew she would be around. I'm in Saint Paul, but unsure where she is in our state.
Old 06-29-22, 12:21 PM  
sciencelady

Laura, yes, I had a wonderful trip! The next few weeks will be very busy also! I'll be doing the Latvian Song and Dance Festival, then going to Mineral Point to get together with some high school friends. Sorry DH is still not feeling better . That's cool that recipes will give the tweaks to use different heating appliances - I've not noticed that, but my cooking is pretty rudimentary.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-29-22, 01:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

VF woes - When I hit the "New Posts" button, it just gave me one thread with new posts in it, and it's not one I read. When I tried to get the second page of the reading thread, it gave me a server error. I'm going to follow Anita's strategy and post shorter messages just in case!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-29-22, 01:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH is still feeling bad, but better than all the days since we got back. It's the first positive change we've seen since our return as far as how he feels. I went to the YMCA and got in a good workout this morning and then did a pick-up at Walmart. This afternoon, I'm just hanging out and putzing and catching up on communications with people who want training help. I'm actually getting close to being back to normal. Yay!

Laura's Workout Mantras: