Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-21, 05:28 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
YIKES. She's only 10 years older than me. Yesterday I did a FIRM Wave workout (not the same device as what she was on, but not that dissimilar) and I regularly use that and their ZIP trainer, which you often stand on in an unbalanced way. I always felt like those systems and devices were great at strengthening the core without a lot of crunches and repetitive movements, and that balance training is very important as you age (I have a tendency to develop BPPV due to having the crystals in my inner ears knocked out of alignment from a fall). I won't be getting this device and will try to watch what I do with any steps or unstable surfaces.
I was thinking about the FIRM Wave when I read about this. I have the Wave and the workouts, but I haven't done them in a long time. When I did use it in the curved up position I found that the Wave shifted; the mat that came with it didn't keep the wave in position that well. Maybe I was doing something wrong??? I should bring out the Wave and try the workouts again. I want to work on balance and the Wave is a great device for that, but wow- that accident that Brooke had is scary!
Old 04-06-21, 03:11 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I was thinking about the FIRM Wave when I read about this. I have the Wave and the workouts, but I haven't done them in a long time. When I did use it in the curved up position I found that the Wave shifted; the mat that came with it didn't keep the wave in position that well. Maybe I was doing something wrong??? I should bring out the Wave and try the workouts again. I want to work on balance and the Wave is a great device for that, but wow- that accident that Brooke had is scary!
I'll tell you what, I think the mat that comes with the Wave is kind of garbage. I find that mine does occasionally slide a little when in either position, so now in light of Brooke's injury I'm going to do a little work to figure out a better mat or way of keeping it in place more solidly.
Old 04-06-21, 04:03 PM  
Nelly G

I makes me in the future more careful to workout with balance excercises and that accidents can happen fast.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 06:22 PM  
DCW

Woweee!

How horrible. I am not that coordinated to try things like that. If I think that I want to try it, I imagine telling my doc how I hurt myself. That settles me back down.

I hope she makes a full recovery.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 07:05 PM  
BunnyHop

I wouldn't try something like that unless I were holding some parallel bars or something.

Tags
balance board, indo board, injuries