Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-21, 05:59 PM  
sillygirl

Thank you all! Keep the awesome tips coming! I love hearing about how you all keep your collections fresh!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 10:35 AM  
Cola

i spent a bunch of time taking a full inventory of all of my dvds, listing each workout, instructor and length, and categorizing them.

i entered this info into an excel spreadsheet, creating a sheet/tab for each category. then sorted each category by video length in minutes, in descending order, so the shortest videos are at the top of the list. then i physically sorted the dvds by instructor.

then i devised a 'variety' rotation schedule where i simply rotate through the various categories, ensuring that i get my cardio, abs, pushups, stretching done each day but changing up the middle part of my daily workout. so one day i will add-on a kickbox, the next a sculpt routine, the next is floor cardio and so on.

i started at the top of the each category list, with the short workouts, and im working my way down the list so the workouts gradually get longer as i go. if i like a dvd workout, i check it off as complete, if i dont like it, i get rid of it.

i like that i did all of the organizing work beforehand so when i go to workout, i know exactly what workout is next on the list and i can quickly find the dvd.
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:17 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Try putting all the DVDs from one instructor in date order.
You mean there are people who don't do this?
Old 03-06-21, 01:30 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola View Post
i spent a bunch of time taking a full inventory of all of my dvds, listing each workout, instructor and length, and categorizing them.

i entered this info into an excel spreadsheet, creating a sheet/tab for each category. then sorted each category by video length in minutes, in descending order, so the shortest videos are at the top of the list. then i physically sorted the dvds by instructor.

then i devised a 'variety' rotation schedule where i simply rotate through the various categories, ensuring that i get my cardio, abs, pushups, stretching done each day but changing up the middle part of my daily workout. so one day i will add-on a kickbox, the next a sculpt routine, the next is floor cardio and so on.

i started at the top of the each category list, with the short workouts, and im working my way down the list so the workouts gradually get longer as i go. if i like a dvd workout, i check it off as complete, if i dont like it, i get rid of it.

i like that i did all of the organizing workout beforehand so when i go to workout, i know exactly what workout is next on the list and i can quickly find the dvd.
I LOVE THIS. I'm going to work on this tomorrow and devise a similar system.
Old 03-06-21, 01:55 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola View Post
I did this too! I just resorted my list to have the shortest workouts/DVDs at the top which seems way more doable. Thanks for the idea!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 03:29 PM  
Cybersparkle

I play videos in the background while doing something else. Like washing dishes, straightening up, etc..
By doing this, I start remembering how much fun I had & can somehow "see" myself doing it more. Most of my workouts have good music and I might end up moving to the music while doing something else. Inevitably, I find myself doing the exercise moves here and there.
By previewing (reviewing in this case) I also get in the mood to plan what body part I want to work out with each dvd for the day or week.
I like the positive message programing my mind in the background.
Makes it easy to just say to myself "Well, why dont you just put on your workout clothes & work out?"

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety