Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-12, 07:04 PM  
kariev34

RKS question

For those that have this program, what size Kbs are you using now? What size did you start with? Did you find that your strength increased fast?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 07:49 PM  
MamaBecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
For those that have this program, what size Kbs are you using now? What size did you start with? Did you find that your strength increased fast?
I did Skogg first, and finished that with an 8 kg (18 pound) bell. For RKS I kept the 18, and went to 25 lb/12 kg for some exercises. By the end, I was using the heavier bell for almost everything, and felt like I could go heavier for a very few exercises, but didn't want to buy another bell. Yes, i felt that strength and confidence increased quickly, which allowed me to move up in size.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 09:36 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

RKS is my ABSOLUTE favoritest ....

Of all my kb workout programs. (Second is Providence, but I don't always have time to do that one!)

I finally broke down and got heavier kettlebells as I need them for deadlifts and a lot of the leg work.

In the beginning I used mostly 20 lb, 12 kg, 25 lb. and then I finally bit the bullet and bought heavier. Now I"m using (for leg work mostly) 16, 18, & 20 kg bells, with room to grow ... and I still have one more if I ever need it for deadlifts. (22 kg) but I'm not in any hurry to get there!

I did fine with my 12kg and 16 kg for a VERY long time. And for over head stuff? I still do NOT feel the need to go super heavy.... the max I use is about 20 lbs. MAYBE 25 lbs. if I'm feeling very strong.....

The joy of kbs, is there's not a lot of reps ... so I can go heavy. . . .Or not. depending on how I feel.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinhardt kb system, reinhardt kettlebell, rks