Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-24, 12:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Kate - You are killing it as usual. What is your heaviest set of dumbbells? Did you ever purchase Cathe's new barbell? I have not had blood work done for 3 years but my cholesterol was ok the last time I was checked. My MIL was able to lower her cholesterol dramatically just by adding a daily dose of Metamucil. She is also in very good shape and walks every day.
My heaviest dumbells are 30s plus I have a 35lb and 45lb kettlebell. I did not purchase Cathe's barbell. Yet....
I do take metamucil too (I like the gummies, hubby like the cookies).
I've just been eating really crappy so need to modify my diet for sure.

I did preorder Cathe's latest because....I can always trade or whatever if I don't like them. But they sound very different and interesting.

Still working through Epic III, some Chris Dorner on YouTube and Cathe.
Hi girls, had to stop back.
So today I did an OLDIE - Tamilee's Buns of Steel 3 dvd. OMG! No wonder that woman has such a nice butt (sorry if that sounded creepy)!!

All unweighted but lots of reps and not much rest time. I repeated some of the moves to make it a bit longer than 40 min. yowza!
The dvd I have also has Abs of Steel and Arms/Abs of Steel. I think next time I'll do those together??

Anyway, just walked back downstairs to my office and boy can I feel my legs. Thinking some nice Yin this afternoon then I have Grocery-Shopping Max. Yuck. ;-)

Hugs to all!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 08:14 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! Too funny that you did Buns of Steel. I had one of her workouts on VHS way back when. I think it was Abs of Steel? Tough Stuff!

The meds are kicking in and I already feel much less congested. My energy is better but my ears are still ringing and I'm not up to full power yet. I am super glad we have a 3 day weekend coming up. Valentine's Day was a bust. My husband: "Nothing says Valentine's Day like antibiotics."

Things are getting very interesting at work of late. Several rural Montana schools have been going to a 4 day school week. It saves money plus many kids live on farms and/or do outdoor activities like hunting and skiing, so it gives families more time together. It also gives the teachers an extra day to grade/prep assignments, do professional development, and schedule doctor visits.

It sounds like we will probably switch to 4 days next year. (Not the high school where my kids go - just the small rural school where I work.) School days would be 1 hour longer and we would have most Fridays off. (We would have teacher work days 1 Friday per month.) The school year would be also extended by one week. I am an hourly employee and my hours would be cut slightly, but I am totally fine with that!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 01:00 AM  
fatkat555

Good evening, ladies!

Kate - I have the original Buns of Steel and I haven’t tried it yet. I’m too scared!

Jules - a 4 day school week would be nice!

I’m hobbling around with plantar fasciitis. So, no impact for me. I’m going to keep going with my reformer workouts and yoga. I did Tony G Yoga Elementals, water, tonight. I’m trying to be careful because I know someone who is obsessed with fitness, and she had plantar fasciitis but still ran on it. She ended up with a shattered heel and had to have reconstructive surgery. Nope, don’t want that.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 07:40 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I kind of like the idea of 4 day school week. But then my kids are grown. Might feel different if I had kids at home.
I think rural schools are fantastic (living in a rural area).

fatkat: I used to have more of Tamilee's workouts and got rid of them over the years. She's quite good. Do BoS!!! You can do it!

Just checking in. Probably doing a little Shovel Max today. We got about 5 inches of snow on Wed. It's already melting so I'm not doing to bother with much shoveling.

Have a great weekend!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-19-24, 03:11 PM  
Jules

Quick check in! I am starting back with the ICE series again as the workouts are easy to modify. Just did Metabolic Total Body + Core 1. I am going to do some yin yoga as well. It is a gorgeous day today, but our driveway is treacherously icy so I'm not going anywhere. The plow guy is coming later to hopefully rough up the ice a bit.

Kate: Shovel Max can be fun if you only do it once in a while.

Fatkat: Hope your PF gets better quick! I used a tennis ball and foot massager the last time I started to get it and it went away fairly fast.
Old 02-20-24, 07:49 AM  
fatkat555

Jules - my sister loves the ICE series. I have them and have done a few and loved them as well. I’m so happy you’re feeling better!

My plantar fasciitis is already feeling better after doing nothing but yoga and stretching. Last night I did Aeropilates Stretching Total Body. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a KCM that I haven’t tried called Home Gym Intervals. I was considering using the rebounder on my Aeropilates for the equipment part. I’ll probably preview the KCM dvd today to make sure it doesn’t have anything that might flare the PF up. Planning on yoga, too.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 02-20-24, 01:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy new week girls! I was out yesterday to have lunch with youngest stepdaughter, her hubby and daughter. It was so fun and the food at little tiny cafe was FAB!!!

fatkat: sure hope your pf gets better soon!! Can't go wrong with Yoga!!

Jules: since you also do some of Caroline's workouts, do you have any idea what her heaviest series is?

Mon: CG Epic 3 Day 41 Engaging Glutes & Core. Wow I feel my legs and butt today! I may have to buy some heavier dumbells. That girl goes HEAVY!

Tues: CG Epic 3 Day 38 Bigger Back & Bi. ALL unilateral!! I love those!!! Dang heavy again!!! CG uses 44lbs for rows so I pulled out my 45lb kettle bell. YOW!! I finally had to drop to 37.5 for the last set. She does rows for the staple move and my form was starting to suffer. !@#!!
Biceps she used 17.5lbs. I used 15, 16.25 and 17.5 using my plate mates. I can definitely go heavier with hammer curls but lighter for the 'w' curls.

So now thinking of moving to her Epic Endgame series. I'm almost done with E3. I haven't done EVERY workout but most.

Old 02-20-24, 10:02 PM  
fatkat555

Kate - you are amazing, and strong! Wow, those sound like tough workouts.

Me here with my little Crunch Candlelight Yoga. I remember everyone raving about this back in the day and I was able to pick it up on eBay for a few dollars. I really liked it. Perfect for my day today.

Old 02-21-24, 10:28 PM  
fatkat555

Drive by post:

I did Aeropilates, Body, Heart, and Mind tonight. Most of the day my PF was better, but flared up this evening so I chose to be off my feet.

Have a great evening! Tomorrow is a yoga day.

Old 02-24-24, 11:04 AM  
Jules

Howdy! This was a good week. My son played in the last basketball game of the season on Thursday so no more early morning/late night practices! Now he will start driver's ed classes, but those are right after school.

My daughter decided not to go to nationals for Speech & Debate or DECA this year so she just has some upcoming band festivals. She is studying for her I.B. exams. She has an upcoming virtual interview with Montana State and already interviewed with U of Montana and Yale (long shot!) She will make her decision based on what scholarships she is offered.

My husband bought us all Pearl Jam tickets for their concert in Missoula in August. I am stoked! It will probably be the same week that my daughter will be moving into a dorm somewhere.

My sinus infection is finally gone and I am starting to build up some endurance again. I am going to stick with Cathe, Les Mills and Travis for a while. I would also like to get back on my spin bike.

fatkat: I think I have Candlelight Yoga but I may have gifted to a friend. Will look for it this weekend!

Kate: I did Epic Endgame and it was fun! It was a mash-up of heavier days with endurance days. Good for exercise ADD. I did eventually burn out on it going into the final week.

Mon: ICE Metabolic Total Body incl. Blast and Core + Yin Yoga
Tues: LITE Cardio Party + Blast + Yin Yoga
Wed: ICE Rock 'Em Sock "em + Blast + Yin Yoga
Thur: ICE Low Impact Sweat + Blast and Core
Fri: Off