Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-16, 03:15 PM  
Tugger31

My Cathe/EBE2 rotation idea, just sharing

I love the upper body work in RWH. I'm just starting EBE2 and for me, the cardio pace/intensity in ICE is just right. So I'm going to follow a generic rotation or maybe follow one of Cathe's rotations and for the upper body work I'll use the two from RWH. For lower body I'll alternate the Leg and Glute from EBE2 each week and I'll do the cardio/metabolic/kickbox workouts from ICE. Since I'm trying to incorporate more yoga and floor work I'm going to fit that in somewhere too! My floor work is usually Cathe, TA, Tonique or Linda Wooldridge.

Hoping for consistency since I'll be doing things with no dread factor!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 04:14 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi! What is EBE?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 04:15 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi! What is EBE?
Edge Booty Extreme

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 04:17 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Edge Booty Extreme
Thanks, Sabine!

ETA: I just looked at the clips from EBE1 and 2 and most of the exercises are the same as what Cathe has in her DVDs. How does EBE add to what Cathe has in her DVDs?
Old 01-24-16, 08:14 PM  
Tugger31

From reviews EBE2 seems to work the glutes more than Cathe and are tough, but I have not yet started the series so can't comment for sure. For me, it will at least add variety
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 08:23 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Thanks, Sabine!

ETA: I just looked at the clips from EBE1 and 2 and most of the exercises are the same as what Cathe has in her DVDs. How does EBE add to what Cathe has in her DVDs?
All the EBE 2 weight workouts are based on super sets. Cathe's workouts vary in approach, although she uses that format in a few workouts.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 09:01 PM  
dela

I plan on doing something very similar. I am truly enjoying the ICE workouts, well most of them, metabolic type workouts are good for me, but I need to get some heavier weight routines back into my life again. I plan on checking out the EBE2 workouts for legs, but mostly I am thinking to use KCM Muscle Up and the weight workout from Cardio Pump to start, then rotate in others along the way for variety.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 09:15 PM  
noodles

Quote:
Thanks, Sabine!

I've been using EBE2 since August and it's very tough. She does everything in supersets. 2 superset exercises repeated 4 times then move onto the next 2 superset exercises etc. It's very intense when you go as heavy as you can. I use cathe leg dvds now for a break lol!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-16, 10:13 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I've been using EBE2 since August and it's very tough. She does everything in supersets. 2 superset exercises repeated 4 times then move onto the next 2 superset exercises etc. It's very intense when you go as heavy as you can. I use cathe leg dvds now for a break lol!
That's scary! . I am tempted now...
Old 01-25-16, 12:54 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Totally agree after doing these Cathe workouts are easier. I thought RWH legs was my hardest but now its easy along with Cardio Leg blast. They are fun workout for me. I still love doing them but they are not EBB2. I did a full rotation back in late summer. They take it up a level from Cathe. They are straight gym work. THey are not for those that get bored easily. It really takes mental (want-to) to push and do these. I love them but just can't do them all the time. THe kneeling squat were the toughest exercise ever for me. I can squat 130lb but those things were whipping me

They move faster than cathe STS, less break times, faster rep but they are similar as in they are gym work. I did the gym version not the all floor version so I can't make that comparison. The gym version you need a bench or step and a cable machine. I used my step and 10 lb ankle weights to mimic the cable machine.

I like the idea of combing EBE 2 with RWH upper body. I don't have ICE but have plenty of stuff to use. I started to combine these with Meso 3 back before Christmas but had a family health crisis come up and just could not train at that level with all my other responsibilities

I think I'll do this for Feb. Thanks for the idea
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe rotation, ebe, edge booty extreme, glute building, glute workouts, glutes