Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-22, 09:37 PM  
angela105

I've lurked forever on this site, I learn so much! Have only posted a couple times, though. I seem to be a pro at researching and buying workouts but not actually DOING them! I blame my ADHD. Debbie Siebers and Jessica Smith are the only instructors I've ever really liked enough to do their workouts. I am planning on starting Walk Strong by Jessica tomorrow. Crossing fingers that I actually start it and keep it up!
angela105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 04:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I saw a new member on the main page called "dietdietdiet." I can't find them today in the Member List.

I'm looking forward to their posts.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 01:21 PM  
dnk
VF Supporter

[]
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 07:22 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have only been here a few times in the last couple of years since my mom broke her hip. I came today to post about "prayers for Bob" but someone already mentioned that.

My mom is doing better (yay) but my husband passed away three weeks ago and I'm kind of bereft right now. I haven't worked out in a month. I've worked out my whole adult life and now have no desire to do a thing. I'm hoping that passes eventually. I know how important exercise is.
Old 05-27-22, 07:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
My mom is doing better (yay) but my husband passed away three weeks ago and I'm kind of bereft right now. I haven't worked out in a month. I've worked out my whole adult life and now have no desire to do a thing. I'm hoping that passes eventually. I know how important exercise is.
ddj, so sorry for your recent loss. I hope you have plenty of support around you as you navigate your grief. (((hugs)))

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post
I'm a member from way back, but I haven't posted in years. I've stayed active but had some health challenges. I'm in the middle of my recovery and rediscovering some favorites, as well as instructors I had a love-hate relationship with I have been lurking for a little less than a year (I think?) and somewhat soothing to see I'm not alone in that!
If I'm remembering correctly, I think you were really into Pilates, right?!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 11:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
I have only been here a few times in the last couple of years since my mom broke her hip. I came today to post about "prayers for Bob" but someone already mentioned that.

I am so sorry for your loss. Give yourself grace as you mourn and adjust. Praying for peace and strength for you.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

ddj - I'm so sorry for your loss! Please keep visiting VF. You will get your exercise mojo back in time.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 12:35 PM  
maxum

Long, long time lurker

Hi everyone,

I have been off for a very, very long time (years) due to work, stress, blah, blah. I just came back to see if the board is still active. Yeah it is!! Hopefully I will at the very least be looking and reading everyday.

ddj - I wanted to say so sorry for your loss. Take the time you need to navigate through this and I hope you have all the support you need.
Kathy
maxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 05:41 PM  
pgun3

Quote:

Sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Hugs and prayers.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lurkdom, lurkers, lurkers welcome, new members, vf site issues