Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-22, 12:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question OT: What do you like at Aldi's?

I have only been in an Aldi's twice and that was a long time ago. I know it is a popular store. Now that I can use InstaCart, I am exploring different stores.

What do you like about Aldis? What are your favorite things to buy there?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 02:50 PM  
kristiep

I like their mini ice cream sandwiches, milk, frozen blueberries (for smoothies), and bread. My son likes their Slim Jim equivalent.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 03:11 PM  
sherry7899

I love their organic poppyseed dressing. It is only $1.39. I also like their 12 grain brain, organic chicken sausages and mini avocados. I am sure I will add to the list later.

Their flatbread and nasn bread are very good. Both freeze well.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 03:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Not healthy whatsoever but their Simply Nature organic fruit snacks are really good for those of us who don't eat gelatin. I do not buy them for home because I'm sure I'd inhale all the little packets within a few days but my hair stylist usually has a few in her snack basket so I get 1 packet every 6 weeks or so when I get my hair cut and highlighted.

https://www.aldi.us/en/products/snac...-fruit-snacks/

I've also tried their Dark Belgian chocolate chunks one time (for snacking, not baking ) because someone (maybe Sherry?) recommended them.

https://www.aldi.us/en/products/pant...semi-sweet-or/

They were good but not quite dark and smooth enough for my mom; she still prefers Ghirardelli's 60% cacao chips for melting/dipping and snacking on. I don't snack on chocolate chips anymore and I bake my chocolate chip cookies with Costco's 51% cacao chips (not the non-resealable semi-sweet bag!!!--the 51% cacao resealable bag).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 06:00 PM  
wendug

Almond Milk, bags of spinach, pink lady apples, almond butter, jarred indian sauces, 3 pack of colored bell peppers, hummus, kombucha, quinoa crunch veggie burgers, feta cheese...I just went to Aldi earlier today and these are staples I buy there. Some items are not good. I don't like their kalamata olives, their bananas are weird (green but spoiled at the same time?), and my dh doesn't like their beef (I don't eat beef so I can't comment on quality.) Oh, they often have unique cheeses that are usually very good. They have a variety of nice German mustards and of course the belgian chocolate is fantastic.
Old 05-19-22, 06:17 PM  
sherry7899

I think their almond butter has palm oil added, which is why I do not buy it there. Maybe they offer a different version in other regions?

Yes, I love the Belgian chocolate chunks for baking and snacking. ��

I do not recommend their packages of sliced cheese unless you put it in a new Ziploc bag. The packaging does not close properly and the cheese goes moldy.

Old 05-19-22, 06:39 PM  
Vantreesta

How much is their almond milk?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 06:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
How much is their almond milk?
It may be $2.89? I need to check. I miss their organic skim milk. I have not found it there in months. I do not think they even have a spot for it anymore.

This is a weird thing to list, but I love their animal crackers. They have that slight lemon flavor like the ones McDonald's had in the 1970s

Old 05-19-22, 06:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry. That's pretty much what I pay for it at HyVee or Walmart. Seems so weird to me that it's the cheapest milk. I buy lactose free cow's milk for general use and oat milk for my coffee (and sometimes I make chocolate milk with it!). It's crazy that people who don't actually drink milk have 3 kinds in the fridge all the time!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 06:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

This is a weird thing to list, but I love their animal crackers. They have that slight lemon flavor like the ones McDonald's had in the 1970s
Really?? Oh I've gotta try! I loved those cookies!!

Their Belgian chocolate chunks for baking elevate my cookies ... SO GOOD. Very grateful to Sherry.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldi, aldis