Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-20, 08:27 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
our governor is finally going to open retail, with modifications, this Thursday. i can't believe it!
Retail opens here on the 8th, salons and barbers on the 8th, and in restaurant dining on the 11th. All with social distancing modifications. Elective surgeries started on the 1st.

Our stay at home was extended to the 15th, but beats the heck out of me what that date really applies to.
Old 05-06-20, 07:44 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Phase 1 of reopening starts on Friday, but it doesn't include much, mainly retail stores. A newscaster described it as more of a mental lift than a physical change, and that's probably true.

I don't wear a mask when out for a walk. People in our neighborhood are good at shifting over to maintain social distancing when approaching someone else.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 08:04 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
People in the grocery stores near me cannot seem to grasp social distancing. I am in no hurry to go to any other stores yet.
Yeah, I'm noticing the same thing. One way grocery aisles...nah, let's not follow those. And I've noticed many people wearing masks that are not covering their nose and mouth. They wear them down under their chin. What's the point of that?
Old 05-06-20, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

I have just been doing instacart or curbside pick up for groceries. I'm also not in any hurry to go to a store - if there is something I need I can always order it on-line! I guess I was never a big shopper to begin with - it was always a "chore" for me to shop - so this is a bizarrely welcome excuse not to!

It would be nice to run out to pick up an item you forgot or you run out of at the last minute - but I'm ok w/ waiting until my next instacart or pick up!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Yeah, I'm noticing the same thing. One way grocery aisles...nah, let's not follow those. And I've noticed many people wearing masks that are not covering their nose and mouth. They wear them down under their chin. What's the point of that?
Well so their chins don't get sick, of course! Seriously though, I hate being told what to do but we are talking about the safety of every human here. It is not that hard to take the simple precautions of not being in others' space and wearing a mask (although it is over 100 in AZ already and beastly wearing a mask in that!).

I don't wear a mask outside. I've yet to be on a walk and have someone get too close to us. Walking a black German Shepherd in a muzzle probably helps with that too!

I feel like smthg to remember is that just bc things are opening up again doesn't mean we all have to resume our old ways right away. There is nothing wrong with continuing a personal shelter in place until we see how the numbers go as more people get back to group socializing.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:30 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post

I feel like smthg to remember is that just bc things are opening up again doesn't mean we all have to resume our old ways right away. There is nothing wrong with continuing a personal shelter in place until we see how the numbers go as more people get back to group socializing.

well said! I plan on keeping a low profile until things get better (whenever that may be).

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:41 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Oh no way...I’m hot just walking my five miles with my cloth masks and it’s still pretty cool here in Boston. I would feel like I was suffocating with that on.

I cannot imagine wearing that in the Arizona heat. You’ll have to report back to let us know how it goes.
I agree, Tracy! I'm struggling with just my cotton mask - I can't even imagine adding nylon to that!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:46 AM  
Exercise Diva

I'm hearing you about people doing what they want to do instead of following the rules in stores. I went to my local market after weeks of not being in one, and I couldn't believe some of the people who were completely ignoring directional arrows. I get it - it's frustrating when you realize you missed something and have to go down a different aisle just to get back to where you want to be, but come on - we're all in this together. The thing that really got me though are the masks or incorrect wearing of masks and not by other customers. I can't tell you how many store employees I saw with masks below their nose! I'm doing my best to protect you from me, and you can't show the same courtesy to me or your other customers??
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:58 AM  
suzannaerin

Wearing a mask is being a good citizen, like stopping at a red light. Public safety for crying out loud. As is respecting social distancing.

I invested in some masks for my forced return to work in a few weeks. So many people are self isolating in my office that I cannot in good conscience give into my own misgivings about returning. I’ll be nervous and hope for the best.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 12:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Like everyone else, I have strong opinions about whether the hurried return to "normal" is a wise choice. It's a hard topic to discuss when it veers into political, social, racial, and religious territories.

I'll just say that I am preparing for the second (or third) wave...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19