VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
Yes, I would rate it advanced.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 03-23-13, 11:28 AM  
violingal3

Anyone else tried this one?

I actually have this on hold at my library, but I'm not sure I want to leave the house in this little blizzard we have going on for a DVD - lol.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 09:33 AM  
Piper
VF Supporter

I did workout 1 for a second time 2 days ago and liked it even more than the first time I did it. I knew what to expect, so I transitioned more smoothly between the moves. I have great upper body doms, but not in my lower body. I like Jillian, and I don't mind the DJ (I actually like the music). My only complaint is I wish Jillian wouldn't refer to the moves as "ugly". Especially before we do them because it's discouraging to me, I don't want to be reminded that something is not going to be fun.

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 10:06 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Really mixed reviews at Collage and the music was loud and not good. I might have to pass on this one.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 10:56 AM  
kitty12

I did WO1 last week and really liked it. I barely noticed the DJ as I was too busy working out. I thought the music was similar to JMBR but may have been louder.

For reference, JMBR was my intro to Jillian - I completed phases 2 and 3 and loved them. A couple weeks ago I did the first workout from Extreme Shed and Shred and was surprised at all the wasted time doing setup and found it wasn't nearly intense enough. Hard Body WO1 seemed similar to JMBR Phase 2 for intensity. I liked that she did all the sets all the way through this time and then repeated - gave it a different feel.

I was just reading through the Collage commemts amd I guess I don't understand the comments about her ego. She is over the top, which I like.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 11:56 AM  
violingal3

Well, I gave this one a trial run last night. I was anxious to do both workouts, but didn't want to spend two hours working out, so I ended up doing the first half of each workout before they repeated from the top and just repeated the few moves that didn't alternate sides.

So...nothing terribly new here. There were a few creative moves where I thought she was really stretching it - lol - and a few compound moves that I thought strung too much together so I couldn't focus on heaving up and working specific muscle groups. I think she literally wanted to pack in every move she's done over her last dozen DVDs into this one "killer" workout.

I think the result was doing a whole lot of something, but in the end I was like, "What did I really work here?" I much prefer her other circuit format to this set up and I think it's more effective. Sometimes less is more!

She did a lot of one arm plank work which I'm not crazy about (I have issues with my left shoulder), so I just modified.

I'm a Jillian fan, so I didn't find her annoying or whatever...she's just the same old Jillian. However, she did lead into a lot for exercises saying it's going to be killer or super hard and don't panic etc...! LOL Whatever, it's the same old stuff!

As for the DJ - he was kind of annoying, but I found myself not looking at the TV a whole lot between jumping around and being on the mat. The music was quite uninspired, so I'd find another DJ next time! LOL

And after reading all the hyped up reviews of how hard these workouts are, this really wasn't that hard... I mean you get what you put into it, but it's basically the same old Jillian.

Overall, I'm glad I satisfied my curiosity and I'm also glad I didn't purchase it. It would be one of those I'd shelve away and not reach for because there isn't any particularly outstanding about it.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 10:26 PM  
Shelbyfit

Thumbs up IMHO, this is Jillian's best so far...

...so I was surprised by the negative feedback at Collage. I think Jillian has shed her harsher demeanor from earlier workouts (after which she received tremendous criticism) and is much more affable and encouraging in this DVD. She didn't come off as egocentric, arrogant or self-aggrandizing; in fact, the only egos I felt she stroked were those of her amazing background exercisers (who deserve the kudos!).

Onto the more important aspect of the DVD - the workouts themselves - I felt these were incredibly effective, creative and even fun. What I appreciate about Jillian are her little twists on common moves - e.g., adding a little yoga into an upper body exercise - and how she keeps things moving right along in this routine. You do 6 circuits then repeat them. Just when you are ready for something new, she starts the countdown. At the end of Workouts 1 and 2, I was dripping, breathless and adrenalized. Love that!

As a side note, the music was not my ideal - I prefer Cathe's remixes in XTrain and the Low Impact Series - but the DJ obviously enjoyed what he was doing and was easy on the eyes, so no complaints here.

This DVD gets 2 big thumbs up from me.
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard body, jillian, jillian michaels