Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-24, 01:56 PM  
owltx

These sound so great! Excited!
Old 02-05-24, 02:06 PM  
prettyinpink

Sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing what they are really like before purchase, so next year?

“Functional” is a buzzword. I hope she clarifies what the practical difference is between these and something like her intermediate series.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 02:29 PM  
firmiewannabe

I'll be curious to read more about this set as she releases more information. The word "functional" makes me pause on jumping early on the presale. Past workouts with other instructors haven't thrilled me. Often it seems like new moves just to be "new" and didn't feel like a legit good workout once done.
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 02:36 PM  
suzanne63

I think these are great too. I am very excited to see more about them. These are right at my age and level. I do not have a lot of money. But I think I do want these.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 03:15 PM  
bubbles76

I hope there is floorwork. I was just thinking about posting here asking if Cathe had other dvds, other than To the Mat, with extensive floorwork. She mentions unhappy joints, so I hope she's talking about knees I'm onboard so far, but like firmiewannabe says, sometimes "functional" doesn't mean what we think it means.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 03:17 PM  
Daffie

I’m the party pooper…was hoping for more step.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 03:35 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I hope there is floorwork. I was just thinking about posting here asking if Cathe had other dvds, other than To the Mat, with extensive floorwork. She mentions unhappy joints, so I hope she's talking about knees I'm onboard so far, but like firmiewannabe says, sometimes "functional" doesn't mean what we think it means.
Boss Loops-Glutes and Core has 2 sections done completely on the floor. First part is standing.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 04:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm buying just as soon as I get the dates of the preorder! I love that Cathe has finally been listening to us as we age! Some of us have been doing her workouts for a long time and would appreciate having these in our collection!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 04:34 PM  
Pascal

I am about 10 years younger than Cathe. And while I am very fortunate to still do high intensity, high impact, heavy lifting workouts on a regular basis, everyone needs to give their body a break now and then. Last year I suffered a tailbone break and had surgery on my wrist. I would’ve loved something like this as I was easing myself back in. I cannot wait for this series. I’m also going to buy a set for my mom. She has never lifted weights but recently talked about starting a workout routine.
Old 02-05-24, 04:43 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I’m the party pooper…was hoping for more step.
Me too, even though my knees are unhappy I can keep it low impact, no risers, and take out most of the twists to still enjoy my step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Boss Loops-Glutes and Core has 2 sections done completely on the floor. First part is standing.
Thank you!! I may have this one.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lmr, cathe preorder, lift move restore