Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-21, 01:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Can't find this item lately. And I notice price-gouging...

I didn't want to put the name of the item in the heading of my post as it might make things worse. There are a few articles mentioning it online.

I am having a hard time finding soy milk - anywhere! I've looked in several local stores (Trader Joe's, Walmart, Stater Brothers, etc.) and there is not much to be found. In the cold section or in the shelf-stable section.

I ordered some Silk at a good price from Amazon last week, but checked it again today and it is not available. Some of the prices now on Amazon are 4x the usual plus shipping.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it is just temporary as regular milk and most other milk-substitutes make me gag.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 02:00 PM  
Erica H.

I haven't had a problem but we don't go through much of it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 02:10 PM  
buffmama

I noticed a while ago that the other plant based milks seem to have more shelf space. I did have trouble at one point but only tried to get it once. I had trouble finding split peas at one time - cause everyone staying one was making those Doubtful.
Old 06-22-21, 02:21 PM  
difit

I just came from Walmart and one my local grocery stores. The shelves were of full of plant base milk. Including my brand of soy milk. Same price I usually get.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:22 PM  
Hsim

I bought some of this about a week ago. I never used it before but wanted to try making smoothies in my blender. I shop at Safeway and had no trouble finding it on the shelves.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:27 PM  
kat999

I have actually had a little trouble finding Silk and store brand versions lately, too. My husband can't have too much dairy, but he's also very slightly allergic to almonds, so I always try to get soy. :/
Old 06-22-21, 03:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Silk isn't my favorite, but I bought two six box packs from Amazon when it was available last week. I like WestSoy unsweetened much better.

I found this recent article:

"Is There A Silk Soy Milk Shortage?"

https://waynewwalls.blogspot.com/202...-shortage.html

It's always something! [rolleyes]

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:49 PM  
SpiritYogi

No shortage or price gouging here in Northern PA. All the grocery stores in my area (Wal-Mart, Tops, Aldi, Save-A-Lot) have a variety of brands of soy milk available at regular prices (from what I can tell; I buy coconut and/or almond milk).
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:56 PM  
bubbles76

I miss my coconut almond milk. Hate coconut milk. Hate almond milk. Yet somehow, the combination of coconut and almond milk is fantastic to me. I can only find it at one store in my area, of any brand.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 04:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I haven't had a problem finding soy milk at our local markets. I like Westbrae Westsoy unsweetened organic soy milk because there is nothing in it other than organic soybeans and water. Vitacost sells it:

https://www.vitacost.com/westsoy-org...etened-soymilk
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soy milk