Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-24, 09:04 PM  
JustSandra

Anyway, did a Jessica Smith upper body workout and her chair stretch from YouTube.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I still have a headache but I'm feeling better. Today I'll be running errands and doing house chores.

Pat, I love having the "Today's Posts" working again!

Carolyn, oh my gosh, you are coming down home stretch to your retirement! This will be a fun summer for you.

Pam, you are so adventurous! Enjoy your vacation in Martinique.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 11:02 AM  
cyana

Hope everyone is having a good week-end.

Mon:
MSTF. Punching drills. Torso rotation. Sit-to-stand x 20 reps. Navasana. Knocking on the door of life, water waves x 5 minutes. BFR back and chest. Down dog to plank x 10 reps - 5 sec. holds at top and bottom. Modified up dog/child's pose x 10 reps. Cubii x 1 hour. PM - Seated leg lifts (lower legs on stability ball) with 5 sec. hold x 20 each side.
Tue:
MSTF. Punching drills. Torso rotation. Bridge x 20 reps. Seated figure 4 hip mobility (I'm going to rename this Figure 4 prep going forward - this is the move I described last week for my new challenge). PM - Bob and Brad - 3 Moves for Strong Legs. Cubii x 1 hour.
Wed:
MSTF Punching drills. Torso rotation. Down dog to plank x10 reps - 5 second hold at top and bottom. Figure 4 prep x 10 reps. MELT hands and feet. Child's pose to modified up dog - 10 reps, 5 second holds. Cubii x 1 hour.
Thurs:
MSTF. Punching drills. Sit-to-stand x 20. Bridge x 20 w/5 second hold at top. Knocking on the door of life x 5 minutes (knocking at waist, upper chest and tops of shoulders). Standing single leg balance x 1 minute each side (one touchdown on the right). Figure 4 prep. MELT hands and feet. Cubii x 30 minutes.
Fri:
MSTF Punching drills. Extra upper back, neck stretching/mobility. BFR - shoulders, biceps, triceps. Did a new drill between weight sets - stand with legs hip width apart, shift weight onto one leg and tap the opposite foot to the side x 20 reps, then tap to the rear x 20 reps. Repeat on the other side. (I found this on one of the P.T. sites - she suggested you do as many reps as possible in one minute to the side and then the back. I did a fixed number of reps since it was between weight sets and this kept my heart rate up during my weight work.) Down dog to plank x 10 reps, 5 sec. holds at top and bottom. Figure 4 prep. Cubii x 30 minutes.
Sat:
MSTF. Punching drills. Extra arm/shoulder/torso mobility. Borrowed some arm inspiration from things such as Essentrics and spinal moves from R/A Kundalini. Sit-to-hover x 40 reps. Cubii x 45 minutes. Ankle/foot mobility.
Sun:
MSTF. Punching drills. Extra hip/leg mobility. BFR chest and back. Bridge x 30 reps. Figure 4 prep. Planning to do some extra activity this afternoon, but I needed to stop and get a cup of coffee!

In looking at my work-out log, I've been doing my morning routine - MSTF - since 1.21 and haven't missed a day. I look forward to doing the routine and coming up with new moves because my body and brain are feeling better. I started increasing my reps on the resistance training in February, and today I upped my weights, so I'll see where that takes me.

Paine - I'm sorry that your headache is still hanging on. I slept in shifts last night - woke up around three and fell back asleep between 5 and 6 and didn't wake up until around 8, which is crazy late for me. I need to do some kitchen work today, also.

Sandra - I've never done Jessica's chair stretch from YT. Thanks for mentioning that - will put that on the to do list.

Did you see the mention of Charlene Prickett videos being on YT in GD? I'll have to check that out. I have two of her ancient videos on VHS and used to work out to her TV show way back when. That woman could do step with a ton of risers!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 11:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm excited to have New Posts back! Of course you all know I'm still waiting for subscription notifications too.

My back is virtually back to 100%. I've decided that in the future, I will either skip bent-over weighted back work in videos, do it with very light weight, or use bands (and maybe upright instead).

Yesterday I did the 15-minute lower body routine from Workout with Roxanne that Carolyn recently posted. I had no issues, but I did skip the KB swings at the end. I also did 2 different Fit & Bendy YouTube routines focused on hips (which definitely seem to be related to my low back issues) plus a short segment from Rodney Yee Healing Yoga.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 11:34 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Cool

Happy Sunday!
I actually wrote down my workouts this week, and I think it helped me stay on track:
M: IJI (I Jump Instead) #19 Silver Sunday (30 min), 7,000+ steps
T: b3 Signature (30 min) + walk, 7,000+ steps
W: IJI #22 Honolulu (30 min), 7,800+ steps
Th: b3 Signature (15 min) + walk, 8,000+ steps
F: rest day
Sa: IJI 3.0 (30 min), 11,000+ steps
Su: b3 Signature (30 min), steps tbd

I've incorporated barre3 back into my regimen. While I love the rebounding/cellercise, I felt like I was missing some range of motion, and I wasn't getting down on the floor at all. Barre3 agrees with me, so I'm happy to bring it back into the fold. Also, with these two modalities, I am experiencing much less analysis paralysis, lol. I tend to get overwhelmed with selecting workouts on Youtube.

Cyana, thank you for explaining MSTF. I love it--and so glad that it is working for you. Very creative!

Paine, I hope your headache is resolved!

Pam, enjoying your stay in Martinique, it sounds lovely!

Sandra, the countdown begins! It sounds like you are preparing very thoughtfully and thoroughly. I'm sure that will contribute to a smooth recovery.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 11:35 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Hmmm, not sure where that emoji came from in the subject line of my previous post....

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-24, 07:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I did two YouTube workouts I found a few weeks ago. Started with Jessica Smith's Lower Body Workout For Bad Knees. Really like this one! Jessica has a "bad knees" workout for Thighs and for Glutes so I'll have to try those out. Finished with the Chair Yoga Stretch with Lauren of Senior Shape. I'll definitely be doing this one a lot during my recovery.

Gale: Lol re that rogue emoji!

Yogapam: Enjoy your trip to Martinique! After all the cold and rain here, someplace warm and tropical sounds very appealing.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 12:00 AM  
Jeanette

Hello everyone! It's been ages since I've posted. Here is what I have done so far in March: Friday was a rest day. Saturday was Ellen's Core Walk. And today was Ellen's Arms and Abs. For some reason I just love doing Ellen's workouts on the weekends even more!

Excited about writing up a new workout plan for the upcoming week. I want to get back to doing Callanetics more regularly again.

Have a great week, everyone!

Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 10:36 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jackie's Essentrics class

Jackie's Essentrics class felt good this morning and was gentle enough to ease my way back into exercising. I'm feeling much better.

Cyana, you had a great week getting your exercise done every day!

Beth, I'm glad your back is feeling normal again.

Gale, you've reminded me that I need to dig out my Barre3 DVDs.

Jeanette, it's nice to see you again.

I'm waving to Sandra, Pat and Pam!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 05:43 PM  
YogaGal

It’s interesting how each of us seems to have favorite special features that have gone missing and seem to be returning. YAY! For me, I’m happy to see the return of “Find More Posts by . . .” I’ve relied on it to find something a specific posted mentioned earlier or even to look up to see when I last posted or verify that I’m not posting something twice!

I ordered Jessica’s new walking dvd last week and it was delivered today, so I’ll try it out soon.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us on a new month’s check-in and for keeping us updated on your prep for your knee surgery. Hope the weather isn’t too bad in your area of California.

cyana: I saw a story on the news about those eagles at Big Bear Valley, CA. I agree that mama eagle deserves a gold star! You’re doing good work with all those punching drills!

Pat: I love how the YouTube Universe will pop up with interesting videos. I’ve found some good new videos/channels that way. I used to get that a lot years ago with Amazon telling me that “since you ordered “this” you might like to buy “this other one.” In fact, that’s how I found Raviana!

Beth: Glad your back is doing better. I also have to be careful with my lower back when doing rows. When I did that Lower Body from Roxanne last week, I ended up needing to take a quick break during that Kettlebell swinging at the end. When I did, I looked at Roxanne and she was going to town with them! Moving faster with swings than I normally do. I always take things at my own pace.

Gale: Nice that the barre3 is fitting in well with your routine. How strange about that errant emoji!

Paine: Glad you’re feeling better. I’ve been having a bit of trouble with allergies as we have a high pollen count.

Waves to Jeanette and anyone else looking in!