Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-22, 09:52 PM  
fatkat555

Oh, I subscribe to their channel on YouTube but haven’t gone on in a while so I had no idea! Interesting that it was recommended that he go gluten free, and I believe as he works through his illness he will inspire others even more.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 03:35 AM  
JENILU

Oh goodness I love them. They have helped me out so many times- totally changed hubby's comfort after sleeping (talking about sleeping positions and hips, etc). I don't know anything about this condition, but Bless him. Thankyou for posting

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:18 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't been able to get Bob off my mind since reading this yesterday. I'm so relieved he doesn't have ALS. My mom had the bulbar type of ALS, which started with affecting her speech and ability to swallow. She became self conscious about her speech, fearing people would think she was drunk. When she felt her students couldn't understand her anymore she had no choice but to retire from teaching, which broke her heart. I pray Bob's speech doesn't become that bad and he is able to continue communicating with his voice.

Anytime I hear of someone having ataxia or problems swallowing I feel immediate fear for them, even though I know other things can also cause those problems. My mom told us once to never take for granted the ability to swallow.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:43 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Thank you for posting. An acquaintance was just diagnosed with this as well. Wishing him all the best.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 04:46 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I haven't been able to get Bob off my mind since reading this yesterday. I'm so relieved he doesn't have ALS. My mom had the bulbar type of ALS, which started with affecting her speech and ability to swallow. She became self conscious about her speech, fearing people would think she was drunk. When she felt her students couldn't understand her anymore she had no choice but to retire from teaching, which broke her heart. I pray Bob's speech doesn't become that bad and he is able to continue communicating with his voice.

Anytime I hear of someone having ataxia or problems swallowing I feel immediate fear for them, even though I know other things can also cause those problems. My mom told us once to never take for granted the ability to swallow.
This also broke my heart. bless your mom. I hope she has been able to find happiness elsewhere if teaching was a love for her. I also hope you are doing well seeing and being a part of that. My mother's changing condition (not this) has really effected me and my heart over the last couple of years.

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 05-25-22, 07:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
This also broke my heart. bless your mom. I hope she has been able to find happiness elsewhere if teaching was a love for her. I also hope you are doing well seeing and being a part of that. My mother's changing condition (not this) has really effected me and my heart over the last couple of years.
Thank you, Jenilu. She suffered about a year before we lost her in April 2020. She stayed positive through it all, not wanting to bring anyone down. She and my dad still smiled and laughed as often as possible.

I'm sorry about your mom. It is so hard to see our loved ones decline.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 02:53 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thank you, Jenilu. She suffered about a year before we lost her in April 2020. She stayed positive through it all, not wanting to bring anyone down. She and my dad still smiled and laughed as often as possible.

I'm sorry about your mom. It is so hard to see our loved ones decline.
{{HUG}}

Old 05-28-22, 09:04 PM  
gigi

Thank you for posting this! I adore Bob and Brad.

Tags
bobandbrad