Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-21, 09:02 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love getting Christmas cards. I'm like DCW...I'm happy to get outside correspondence that isn't a bill.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 08:52 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

We mail out about 200 photo cards, with a newsletter that Dh has written for 30+ years. We have 5 kids ages 23-33 and 1 DIL. This year there are 4 photos on the card because we weren't in the same place at the same time (because of pandemic).

I've got all the extra cards and letters in a big 3-ring binder and it's fun to look at.

We both come from big families and Dh has many, many close friends he keeps in touch with (some all the back to grade school). Writing comes easily for him (Attorney). Organizing addresses in excel and printing mailing labels comes easily for me (Accountant).

It seems like we are always adding people. Even some of our children's friends and parents are on the list.

It's a bit of work, but fun for us.

Leslie
Old 12-17-21, 04:17 PM  
Dabbadooey

One year I sent Thanksgiving cards instead of sending at Christmas. It freed up a lot of time in December.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 10:20 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I received one of those photo cards where you can’t see the people because they are so tiny.

I have always been a big card person. I used to send out over 100 cards every year. This year, I mailed around 30. I received 4 cards!

The problem with waiting for people to send you a card is that if everyone did that, no one would ever send a card.

I send out a lot of e-cards now.

Everyone is struggling these days, so I think it’s nice to send a cheerful note. People appreciate it, even if they don’t reply.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 10:41 AM  
Izzy

I am happy to get cards, photos or not.

After my divorce, and then losing my job, I stopped sending cards and I lost touch with so many people. I was always working during the holidays in retail for the extra money so I never had time.

The past two years I have sent cards and reconnected with a few people. I feel bad I loss contact and wish I had continued with the cards during my years of struggle. I just had nothing nice to write as my life was a mess.

I am not on social media so for me, getting any card is nice.
Old 12-29-21, 06:50 PM  
DCW

My previous co-worker would send friends, family and coworkers Valentine Day cards, the ones we sent as kids.
Everyone in the office loved it and would hang them up in their cubicles.

Valentine Day is Friends Day so if you want to reconnect a Snoopy or Scooby Doo Valentine's day card is an option.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 03:24 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I haven't sent cards in years. I found it utterly oppressive.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 04:15 PM  
Gams

I just placed a big order with Current. I’m getting Christmas cards (along with one of those Christmas record books), Valentine cards and Easter cards.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

For Christmas, I sent about 40 cards but only received about 10. It's seemed this past year 2021 was fewer than it's ever been. I usually enjoy the process, now that I'm retired. But, I haven't always been consistent with it, in past years. I think it's been a difficult year for many, so I wanted to bring a bit of cheer in the mail!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:46 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just placed a big order with Current. I’m getting Christmas cards (along with one of those Christmas record books), Valentine cards and Easter cards.
They have lovely cards! I love that they have so many items with Peanuts characters

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic