Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-21, 05:46 PM  
ardnas

Finished Santa Cruise.

Started reading The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo since the movie comes out in Jan and I have read & enjoyed the rest of her 6 classic children's novels.
Old 12-15-21, 06:14 PM  
sherry7899

I am on goodreads but I always forget to log my books!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 06:40 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I know, it was definitely just IMHO. I do really like some of her work.
Your post made me look to see if she has anything new coming out and she does, French Braid in March. I put it on my to-read list on Good Reads.
Old 12-16-21, 11:39 AM  
ardnas

The winds were so relentless and loud last night I couldn't sleep. So I finished The Tiger Rising, read The Hole by Hiroko Oyamada which was so oddly curious, and started The Factory also by Hiroko Oyamada.
Old 12-16-21, 03:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Really, I like Anne Tyler's writing and her quirky collection of characters...but her books often leave me feeling vague disappointed. I think The Accidental Tourist was my favorite of hers, although it's been a really long time since I read it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 04:50 PM  
Carol K

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite anymore. At one time it was Searching for Caleb. That's a really old one and the first of hers that I read.
Old 12-16-21, 04:59 PM  
DD546

I just finished "The Last Time I Lied" by Riley Sager. I like his books. I've read most of his books, and this was a good one. It had an interesting and unexpected twist. I'm going to read "Sold on a Monday" next. I read quite a bit, but this is the first year I've logged my books. I'm at 80 books read this year. I didn't have a goal; I was just interested in keeping track of what books I've read.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 01:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I bailed on No Time Like the Future by Michael J. Fox because it was depressing. I've been reading Still Me by Jojo Moyes and I just started Yours Cruelly, Elvira by Cassandra Peterson.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 01:48 PM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=Erica H.;2949754]I can't wait to see what you think of it! I really liked it.

Erica, I am really enjoying Dave Grohl's book so far. I really need to work on reading it this weekend. It is due on Tuesday.

I was happy to see him mention our friend Don Dixon as a contender to produce the album Nevermind, and that Don produced some of Dave's favorite albums by REM and The Smithereens. We have known him since the late 1980s, and he is the sweetest guy. We met him a bunch of times when he toured solo, or with his wife Marti and when he played in Princeton as part of Mary Chapin Carpenter's band. They actually live in Ohio. He told us Nirvana turned him down because of what he was charging to produce....he would have been set for life if he had ended up producing that album!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 02:08 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

I was happy to see him mention our friend Don Dixon as a contender to produce the album Nevermind, and that Don produced some of Dave's favorite albums by REM and The Smithereens. We have known him since the late 1980s, and he is the sweetest guy. We met him a bunch of times when he toured solo, or with his wife Marti and when he played in Princeton as part of Mary Chapin Carpenter's band. They actually live in Ohio. He told us Nirvana turned him down because of what he was charging to produce....he would have been set for life if he had ended up producing that album!
that is so cool that you have a personal connection to someone mentioned in the book! Must make it even better!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, winter reading