Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-21, 06:29 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Savannah Guthrie Does Step Aerobics at Tokyo Olympics Hotel Room

I have the same color step as the one she's using. Have any of you done any of Christina Dorner's workouts?

Savannah Guthrie Does Step Aerobics at Tokyo Olympics Hotel Room Workout: 'Never Went Outta Style'

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 07:22 PM  
anetta

Cool. That Christina’s workouts look good.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 08:21 PM  
wendug

I tried one of her step workouts earlier this week. I really enjoyed her workout and her enthusiasm, but I thought the music was awful. Lots of bad remixes of bad songs. Unfortunately, when I previewed other workouts I had the same impression.

It is nice to see Savannah Guthrie doing step and giving this form of exercise some love. I've noticed more instructors adding step workouts to YouTube. I think there might be some renewed interest in step which I'm all for!
Old 07-24-21, 08:50 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I tried one of her step workouts earlier this week. I really enjoyed her workout and her enthusiasm, but I thought the music was awful. Lots of bad remixes of bad songs. Unfortunately, when I previewed other workouts I had the same impression.

It is nice to see Savannah Guthrie doing step and giving this form of exercise some love. I've noticed more instructors adding step workouts to YouTube. I think there might be some renewed interest in step which I'm all for!
I previewed parts of the one she did earlier today and it seems to have some good music. She mentions Whitney at the beginning of this song, How Will I Know. Step Aerobics Workout LADIES OF THE 80s 🔥Intermediate Advanced 🔥

She does a good job breaking down each combo as she teaches them. She seems to have a great variety of workouts and I'm glad step is getting some renewed interest!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 09:43 PM  
bubbles76

Step is still my favorite form of cardio!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 11:27 PM  
ncl

I still love me some step, too.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 01:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thanks for sharing this! I've wanted to try Christina's step. I'll have to listen to the music to see if I find it distracting or not to my taste. We all have different likes and dislikes as far as music goes for sure. I care more about whether the movements match the beat than anything else when it comes to step in particular.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 01:53 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Thanks for sharing this! I've wanted to try Christina's step. I'll have to listen to the music to see if I find it distracting or not to my taste. We all have different likes and dislikes as far as music goes for sure. I care more about whether the movements match the beat than anything else when it comes to step in particular.
I'm sure the music will be fine for most people. I just actively dislike most heavy metal, and BAD remixes, which is a lot of what she uses. I would much prefer electronic music without vocals that keeps the beat for the moves in the workout.
Old 07-25-21, 02:44 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I have the same color step as the one she's using. Have any of you done any of Christina Dorner's workouts?

[/URL]
yep!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 03:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:

Savannah Guthrie Does Step Aerobics at Tokyo Olympics Hotel Room Workout: 'Never Went Outta Style'
Yes! Step is a great workout.

Happy color step! I have the boring grey with black risers, still love it.

Quote:
I previewed parts of the one she did earlier today and it seems to have some good music. She mentions Whitney at the beginning of this song, How Will I Know. Step Aerobics Workout LADIES OF THE 80s ��Intermediate Advanced ��

She does a good job breaking down each combo as she teaches them. She seems to have a great variety of workouts and I'm glad step is getting some renewed interest!
Thanks for the link, it looks like a fun workout! I never heard of this instructor before.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home exercisers in tv, step, step aerobics