Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-21, 09:16 AM  
laurajhawk

Morning Meltdown ?

I've injured an adductor somehow, so I'm doing just Jessica walks for lower body, and I did a search a couple weeks ago on Beachbody On Demand to find short-ish intermediate workouts that are upper body with no LB/cardio mixed in. The Upbeat Strength workouts from Morning Meltdown fit the bill perfectly and they're working great for my situation.

I really like the vibe, the length, and the DJ music in these. I'm thinking when my leg is better I might do a MM rotation (it's 100 days). I can't remember why I didn't try them when they first came out - maybe I was just doing something else.

Have you done Morning Meltdown - either a rotation or mixed in? Thoughts/experiences/results? ... I have a few pounds of holiday weight to lose, so it would be good to find something I can be consistent with for a while.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 09:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Nobody? It seems like it really wasn't popular here. I wonder why not.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 01-15-21, 01:12 PM  
Karla25

I had never heard of it until a few days ago when I read about it in a thread.
Old 01-15-21, 03:15 PM  
sillygirl

I've seen a lot of ads for this program but it's self-described by things I loathe in my workouts... High-Intensity and Cardio...
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 06:24 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I've seen a lot of ads for this program but it's self-described by things I loathe in my workouts... High-Intensity and Cardio...
Heh heh, that's one reason I'm asking! Those aren't my favorite things either, and as I mentioned I've only done weight workouts so far. I did preview one of the cardio workouts the other day (during a work presentation I'd see before - working from home for the win!) and there's impact (with a modifier), but it didn't look puke-in-a-bucket to me. And all the MM workouts are short - 20 to 30 minutes.

Old 01-15-21, 06:44 PM  
sillygirl

I did find this sample workout on YouTube, and you're right, it looks good and I like that there's a modifier (actually two!). I should have known since BB always seems to have a modifier. I like the max 30-minutes too! I should really finish a 21 Day Fix rotation before I go down a rabbit hole with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waWwou5p1nc
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 07:47 AM  
SEV

The youtube workout looked fun and doable. I no longer subscribe to BBOD, but will do the free one. Thanks for the link!

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody, morning meltdown