Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-20, 08:55 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
I did the sample workout today and enjoyed it. I’m making myself sleep on it but I’m in for this. Seems like fun! I didn’t use the playlist, but I’ll get to it. I agree with all your points about the cast of exercisers too.

Eventually I also want to check out the 5k training program and Autumn’s upcoming new one. Winter entertainment to go along with the sweater I’m knitting thanks to another thread here...

Mimi K
If I decide I want to start running again I will do the 5K running program as well.
Old 11-21-20, 03:08 PM  
mimikz

So far I’ve done the sample workout, push, legs and range and repair. This trainer is really a great motivator. After legs the sides of my hips! Omg! And Gigi, I agree about range and repair, I love it.

One thing I now understand is that when beach body has a new program come out you have to pay extra for “early access”. I’ll do my best to be impatiently waiting for the release dates for a few. In the meantime I’m really enjoying prep. I’d usually be straying within the first week of any planned program. This one seems to be perfect for what I need right now.

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 10:15 PM  
gigi

Quote:
So far I’ve done the sample workout, push, legs and range and repair. This trainer is really a great motivator. After legs the sides of my hips! Omg! And Gigi, I agree about range and repair, I love it.

One thing I now understand is that when beach body has a new program come out you have to pay extra for “early access”. I’ll do my best to be impatiently waiting for the release dates for a few. In the meantime I’m really enjoying prep. I’d usually be straying within the first week of any planned program. This one seems to be perfect for what I need right now.

Mimi K
Yay Mimi K! I'm glad you found a program you like. Lately, I need a workout program to follow. I used to make up my own rotations but now I want it done for me. I also more motivated to push myself and to work hard when I know I'll be done in under an hour.

I did Full Body Tempo tonight. I found it quite tough. I had to modify the faster tempo's to keep good farm. In my opinion he goes too fast for some of the exercises. Still, a great workout!
Old 11-22-20, 06:21 AM  
mimikz

Good to hear Angela and I appreciate the preview info. I don't hesitate to modify; at 59 I know better .

I've got Endurance & Agility scheduled today but I'm still the *tiniest* bit sore in a couple spots. To delay a day or not?? We'll see later this morning after we walk.

Enjoy, Mimi K
Old 11-22-20, 11:25 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Good to hear Angela and I appreciate the preview info. I don't hesitate to modify; at 59 I know better .

I've got Endurance & Agility scheduled today but I'm still the *tiniest* bit sore in a couple spots. To delay a day or not?? We'll see later this morning after we walk.

Enjoy, Mimi K
I turned 50 this year but I way COVID birthday's don't count...tee hee.

I'm a bit sore and today is supposed to be Range & Repair but I kind of want to do the next workout. In previewing week two's workouts, he continues to use different planes of motions, which I LOVE. I should go for a walk. I work really hard during the week teaching at a psychiatric facility so weekends I read and rest but I do my workouts at least!
Old 11-28-20, 02:19 PM  
gigi

I missed a couple of days due to the holidays. I just finished Isometrics and found it quite tough. I really enjoy the way the training/workouts offer a variety in formats. I have two more weeks of the Prep after The Crucible tomorrow then I think I will start The Work.
Old 11-28-20, 07:01 PM  
mimikz

I consider myself a pretty strong intermediate, enjoying Cathe live for some time now, but after week 1 of The Prep, I was *so* sore! I'm rather annoyed to admit it. It's hard to see why too! It felt very do-able, short, I found no dread factor. I easily followed the progression, the only change doing the mobility workout instead of the first rest day. So taking a couple of days to recover. My apps that track these things tell me that my resting heart rate is higher than normal. Sigh. I've just been doing my regular walks later adding warm-ups and stretching, a little rowing on my erg, but definitely taking it easy for a couple of days to let the DOMS subside. I'll start week 2 tomorrow or Monday. Enjoying this program but darn!

Mimi K
Old 11-29-20, 11:26 AM  
laurajhawk

Hmmm, I've been thinking I'd circle back to LIIFT4 this week, but I'm intrigued by The Prep. And I notice that BBOD says "if you like LIIFT4 you may also like The Work" and vice versa. I want 4 days/week (so I can do yoga on the other days), but it looks like I could skip the last 2 days of each program week. How heavy do you all go with these?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 02:10 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Hmmm, I've been thinking I'd circle back to LIIFT4 this week, but I'm intrigued by The Prep. And I notice that BBOD says "if you like LIIFT4 you may also like The Work" and vice versa. I want 4 days/week (so I can do yoga on the other days), but it looks like I could skip the last 2 days of each program week. How heavy do you all go with these?
It varies because the form of training varies. Some I can go heavier on and some less depending on the type of training. This is not a heavy strength training program though. This has 5 workouts a week, a rest day, and a day for the mobility workout which is one of the best mobility workouts I've ever done.
Old 11-29-20, 02:12 PM  
gigi

Quote:
I consider myself a pretty strong intermediate, enjoying Cathe live for some time now, but after week 1 of The Prep, I was *so* sore! I'm rather annoyed to admit it. It's hard to see why too! It felt very do-able, short, I found no dread factor. I easily followed the progression, the only change doing the mobility workout instead of the first rest day. So taking a couple of days to recover. My apps that track these things tell me that my resting heart rate is higher than normal. Sigh. I've just been doing my regular walks later adding warm-ups and stretching, a little rowing on my erg, but definitely taking it easy for a couple of days to let the DOMS subside. I'll start week 2 tomorrow or Monday. Enjoying this program but darn!

Mimi K
The mobility workout has helped me a lot. I've been sore but not too sore. I'm glad you are taking time to workout the DOMS with gentle movement. I think after The Crucible today I may be quite sore. There are a ton of army crawls!

Tags
bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, the prep, the work