Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-20, 09:08 AM  
TracyQ

I love working my lower body and have all of Cathe’s lower body workouts and use them frequently.

I always get the worst glute DOMS from Tri-Sets Lower Body.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 09:39 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I always get the worst glute DOMS from Tri-Sets Lower Body.
OMG me too! I love that workout but sometimes I really have to talk myself into it because *ouch*. I always wonder if it is one specific exercise in there, or the combo.
Old 05-27-20, 09:54 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
OMG me too! I love that workout but sometimes I really have to talk myself into it because *ouch*. I always wonder if it is one specific exercise in there, or the combo.
I‘m not sure but I’m tall and reaching for those small paper cups really works my glutes. I just did it Saturday and still had some mild DOMS today. I did Great Glutes this morning so more DOMS to look forward to this week.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 04:53 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am looking at Great Glutes and now Xtrain Legs, though they look really similar. I probably really only need one but both look good.

Lean Legs and Abs looks good too, but I think has more impact than I prefer.

Collage has GG and XL for around $15 each, but I haven't pounced yet.

Thanks all for the feedback, it is extremely helpful.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 09:18 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I am looking at Great Glutes and now Xtrain Legs, though they look really similar. I probably really only need one but both look good.

Lean Legs and Abs looks good too, but I think has more impact than I prefer.

Collage has GG and XL for around $15 each, but I haven't pounced yet.

Thanks all for the feedback, it is extremely helpful.
I modify all impact to no impact 😁

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 06:41 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Ok, the winner is....Great Glutes, I just ordered a used copy from Amazon. I am anxious to get it and try it out.

I will keep the others on my radar in case I decide to get them later but based on the clips this is probably the best one suited for my needs and level right now. Xtrain Legs looked really similar and I decided I didn't need both. Maybe down the road....

Thanks again for all your input.
Old 05-28-20, 09:53 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post

I have always blamed it on the one-legged dip squats but yes Triset Lower Body bites me every time too.

Tuesday night I did the standing and chair portions of Xtrain legs followed by the standing portion of Leaner Legs and Abs. That combo bit too - yessiree! I still felt it during the Cathe Live PHA barbell workout today!

I am going to revisit Great Glutes next week....looking forward to your review as well!

Lori
Old 05-31-20, 05:46 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I got my DVD yesterday, and gave it a whirl this morning.

This workout was a pleasant surprise for me, because I am so out of shape I thought it would be tough to complete but it really wasn't and I enjoyed it. It worked the legs very well (already feeling DOMS) and had no dread factor at all.

I did go lighter for some exercises but for the most part matched the weight used. I did skip a few exercises but completed most of the workout. Some of the exercises I stopped early (low ends) but that's okay.

Regarding the gliding section, I am just not that comfortable with the discs, I used for the first exercise but did the other exercises without, and it worked just fine, I may try adding a weight next time (not too heavy) for the heck of it.

The ball section was one of my favorites, I like the ball roll ins, they aren't easy but they are not hard on my back which I appreciate. I just did more double leg ones in place of the single leg ones which worked fine. I also liked the floor work segment, lots of reps and I didn't complete them all without stopping or stretching but maybe someday.

I don't know how much I will use the bonus section, but it's nice that it's there in case.

Overall, I am glad that I picked this up, I just wish I would have sooner. I had my eye on it a few years back but figured I didn't need it. I will use this one a lot and rivals Legs and Glutes for my favorite Cathe lower body workout.

Thanks for the input on this one, it really helped.
Old 05-31-20, 08:56 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Another good one is KICK, PUNCH AND CRUNCH + LEGS AND GLUTES DVD

My knees don't like using weights so I use my body weight. Legs and Glutes is another of my favorites.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 07:18 AM  
owltx

Taramius, thanks for coming back and giving us the report! So glad you liked it. Pleasant surprise is a great description of this workout, IMHO.

Tags
cathe, cathe legs, glute building, glutes, great glutes