Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-20, 11:19 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I ordered a face mask from a seller on Etsy so I wouldn't have to try to find supplies and sew the mask (badly) by myself. It helps me and supports someone else financially so it's a win-win.
I did as well but the expected ship time is 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, I'll either use a buff or bandana "bandit" style.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:27 AM  
Daffie

I tried the bandanna with hair ties and they won’t stay on my ears.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:43 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Let me know if it arrives on time and in good condition. I may want to buy a few myself. Right now, I'm going to be using the no sew option using a bandana. Luckily, I've got a few bandanas and elastic hair ties.

Oh, as for silver linings - I now take a lunch. I almost never take a lunch at work. Now I do, because I cook lunch for Tiny Bubble and check over his classwork during that break. It's nice to take a mental break at lunch.
The mask is supposed to ship in a couple of days; we'll see if that is the case. Until then I will use the no sew option with hair ties.

I'm glad you are able to take lunch now. Everyone needs a break in the day!
Old 04-07-20, 12:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I tried the bandanna with hair ties and they won’t stay on my ears.
the hair ties that are thinner, or marked for "fine hair" (see sample link) and are roughly 1.75" diameter (5.5" circumference) are the ones that will stay on your ears. if you use the "thick" ones, the resistance is too high and will just slip right off of your ears.

recommended for mask or bandanna use:
https://smile.amazon.com/Goody-Women...6235190&sr=8-2

scunci has a similar size and strength:
https://www.shopmyexchange.com/scunc...astics/6861621

they need to be "skinny", long, and less tough, if that makes sense, to provide just the right amount of tension to stay on your ear lobe.

alternatively, healthcare workers have been requesting head bands with buttons sewn on the left and right sides so that you can hook the mask onto the buttons. hooking the masks on their ears was beginning to make the skin on the ears "raw" and sore.
scroll all the way to the bottom of this tutorial to see how the headband with buttons holds up a mask:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Bes...ses-and-Other/

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 06:25 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

We've been eating what's in the freezer and pantry.

also, i've raided the stash of fabric and thread at my sister's house (with her permission)! our Walmart is completely out of fabric and sewing supplies, so this has challenged me to use up my stash too, and even some old sheets that are practically new that haven't been used.

for Easter, i dropped off some "pot luck food" at my sister's house the day before Easter since the people who plan to attend her Easter brunch has reached 10. if we came, it would exceed 10.

i told her i don't want to get cited by the police - police haven't done this yet, but they have been trying to enforce other rules in public parks and on roads.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 07:52 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Let me know if it arrives on time and in good condition. I may want to buy a few myself. Right now, I'm going to be using the no sew option using a bandana. Luckily, I've got a few bandanas and elastic hair ties.
I received my mask on Friday! Yay! It is good quality and much more comfortable to wear than my homemade tshirt mask with hair ties. The woman I purchased from on Etsy is now sold out (not surprised!), but there are many on the site selling masks.

On Friday I also received my pocket hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. I ordered them almost 2 weeks ago. I was lucky to find them on their site early one morning. Of course those sold out very quickly, but if you're looking for hand sanitizer keep checking their site. Hand sanitizer does become available, but it sells out quickly!
Old 04-12-20, 08:08 AM  
sherry7899

I think our cats are sensing that something is going on. Our cat Mila (the tuxedo cat in my avatar) is a very sweet girl, but she has NEVER been a cuddler or a lap cat. The only time until now she has cuddled in my lap was oddly on my birthday in 2019, and we adopted her in 2014!

This week, she has been cuddling on me EVERY day.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 10:00 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I've been using this method to make disposable masks out of paper towels, rubber bands and a stapler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0V16WeQxnQ

I made up a bag full of them for when I go over to my dad's house.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 10:18 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think our cats are sensing that something is going on. Our cat Mila (the tuxedo cat in my avatar) is a very sweet girl, but she has NEVER been a cuddler or a lap cat. The only time until now she has cuddled in my lap was oddly on my birthday in 2019, and we adopted her in 2014!

This week, she has been cuddling on me EVERY day.

Sherry
My surviving kitty has been snuggly, also, especially since her step-sister died last month. I don't know if she misses her, or is just glad to have me to herself. Or she senses that something is up. She's always been snuggly, just not this much. Like now, I'm trying to type over her without her sliding off my lap
Old 04-12-20, 10:44 AM  
anetta

I am grateful that I have been able to find everything that we need and that everyone has been calm and cooperative.

More time with DH and that we are healthy.

And have been taking CS classes on Zoom with our own JackieB nice to meet her virtually she is an excellent instructor.

Also have taken Zoom classes by Lee Holden ihe is so calming.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19