Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-18, 04:45 PM  
TinaT

Suzanne Bowen Online Streaming Questions

I can't believe I'm asking these questions. If you are a member, do you like it? Is there enough variety within the barre genre to use it often? What about rebounding workouts... I have her Barre Amped Bounce. Does she offer others on her site?

What if I want to cancel? Is it a pain?

Thanks for the low down!!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 04:13 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I can't believe I'm asking these questions. If you are a member, do you like it? Is there enough variety within the barre genre to use it often? What about rebounding workouts... I have her Barre Amped Bounce. Does she offer others on her site?

What if I want to cancel? Is it a pain?

Thanks for the low down!!
There is a lot of content on her website, she hasn't been adding any new ones like she used to, supposedly she is rehabbing a problem with her hip and knee. There really aren't a whole lot of bounce on there, just some short segments, you could add them all together and make a workout, but if you are mainly looking for those type workouts, not really worth it IMO. You can do month to month and I think there is still a free trial. I do like her workouts those are my go tos for barre/stretching and can always find good ones to do and she does have different plans to follow. But if you want specifically bounce, not a lot.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 07:48 AM  
TinaT

Candice ~Thanks for responding. I might try the trial. I'm not looking for just bounce, but it's my main motivation right now. I do have all her BarreAmped dvds and the Prevention one, so I have quite a bit to work with for now.

Does the trial give you access to everything?
Old 07-25-18, 07:59 AM  
SuzieC

Hi!

I really like her streaming. One of the strong features of her platform is the search capability. There are a lot of tags to search for a workout of a specific length, type, focus and by keyword.

As well, she now has quite a few rotation plans available now (40+). You can browse plans by level (beginner, intermediate or advanced), goal, workout frequency or duration. Most plans are 7 days/week but some days are stretch days or short segments in some of the plans. I really enjoyed the 6 week rotation I did in the spring and plan to hop on to the next one. You can also build and save a custom plan.

I like the variety of styles and sets. Right now, she has 372 videos available of various lengths, so lots of content.

She was posting content at least up until the last rotation, but yes, right now she is taking a "season" off to deal with some rehab (knee issues I believe).

I like choosing 30 minute workouts, and then add on a stretch, and there are 49 30 minute workouts available.

Her stretches are just delicious - these have helped me this year to really be pain free. For me, the stretch segments are worth it alone!

As for bounce, there are 17 of them available but some are stitched together versions of shorter segments. I just got a Jumpsport with bar and am enjoying these as well. I made an Excel spreadsheet that lists the bounce workouts and their descriptions. If you'd like, PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF version of it.

I believe you can sign up for a 3 day free trial without entering any credit card information.

Hope this helps!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 04:06 PM  
TinaT

I really love the blend of rebounding and barre. Getting a bit more cardio in with the barre helps to balance it for me. I hope some day we see Tracey Mallett's Bootybarre Bounce on dvd.
Old 07-25-18, 04:14 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I hope some day we see Tracey Mallett's Bootybarre Bounce on dvd.
Oh me too! I'm so curious about that. Are there any clips of that available anywhere or is it just in her studios?
Old 07-25-18, 05:13 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I've streamed Suzanne since May of 2014. I've tried other things: Robin Long's Balanced Life, Pilates by Lisa, Bellicon's streaming channel, and a couple of other things.

I always come back to Suzanne and BarreAmped. And I've LIKED everything else, don't get me wrong... I just always come back to Suzanne and her streaming has SO much content for relatively little money that it's a no-brainer for me. And I love her cueing, and her personality, and her approach to fitness which is NOT all about bikini bodies and looks and such. Her self-acceptance message is something I need to hear over and over. Keeps me in a good mental space as well as physically challenged.

I even FINALLY, this summer, after 4 years, bought myself a barre.

I'm doing a heavier lifting rotation right now for 8 weeks but am already looking forward to getting back to SBF.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 05:15 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

BTW, cancelling has been a pain for one VFer that I know of.... but I think that's the exception that proves the rule. I know a lot of people who've been on-and-off with Suzanne and I've never heard anyone say they had trouble cancelling, so I don't think it's a general problem. And you always get a reminder email when your subscription time is up so you really can't forget. And you have to actively resubscribe for each year. . . you aren't auto-renewed without approving it.

I just got my first "your annual subscription will be up on September 20" reminder email.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 07:37 PM  
SuzieC

I also have never had an issue cancelling and also appreciate the reminder emails. So far, I really can't complain about SBF.

If I HAD to complain about something, I'd love for there to be a Roku channel available for the content. But even that isn't a valid complaint. I'm able to stream to my Roku using the R-Cast app and logging in to her site from there.
Old 07-26-18, 08:47 AM  
TinaT

Thanks ladies for the info. It's nice to hear that there is no auto renewal. I'm going to try the 3 day trial starting Sunday, so I can get the most out of it, based on my weekly schedule.

It's interesting how Rebounding has caused a huge mind shift for me in how I want to exercise now. I just feel too darn good not to want to use it daily. Blending barre routines with it, really is a pleasant combination.

Tags
jumpsport, jumpsport bungee workouts