Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-18, 06:55 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Getting to Know You: Summer Edition

It's been awhile since I did this. For those who want to participate, answer the questions below - no pressure to do them all, you can skip ones you don't want to answer. Feel free to apply any of the questions below to fitness.
  • What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
  • What’s your greatest pet peeve?
  • If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
  • What was your first car and did you love it or hate it?
  • Describe your fantasy vacation.
  • How do you celebrate your birthday?
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 07:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? What About Bob?

What’s your greatest pet peeve? People wasting my time! Ugh!

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? My Kindle (book reader), sunscreen, food

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? The first car I bought myself was a Dodge Omni. I owned it for 12 years and when I got rid of it, it had 52,000 miles on it. That's because it broke down in a variety of ways and I couldn't trust it. It's the only car I ever names - CFH (Car From Hell). I loved to hate that car.

Describe your fantasy vacation. Fly to Hawaii and spend a week. Fly on to Tahiti and spend several days. Fly on to Sydney and spend a few days. Take a cruise to New Zealand. Spend a couple of weeks. Yeah, I'm a vacation dreamer...

How do you celebrate your birthday? I usually celebrate over multiple days with several celebrations. They might be low-key, but things I enjoy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 07:04 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Airplane!

What’s your greatest pet peeve? I like people to say please and thank you.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? Water, food, shelter. I'm practical like that.

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? Chevy Chevette. It was a POS and I still loved it.

Describe your fantasy vacation. I'd love to take a boat down the Nile.

How do you celebrate your birthday? Typically low key, just dinner with my family.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? There's a video of me trying to moon walk. Oy vey

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 07:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

anything with Steve Carrell - like Get Smart
dirty dishes in the sink left by other people who could easily place them in the dishwasher.
sunscreen, food, water
chevy chevette - i was neutral with it - it was my college car
London, Italy or Greece
birthday: go out to dinner with the family
embarrassing moment: not many, but i regret some of my college antics!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 07:55 PM  
bubbles76

• What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? - So many! One of my favorites is Undercover Brother. I don't know if it's the funniest, but I definitely watch it when I want a pick me up
  • What’s your greatest pet peeve? People who want to get paid, but don't want to work.
  • If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? Big Bubble, some tools, and shelter. I say Big Bubble because he can fish, knows how to purify water, can fix anything, he's truly McGuyver. He could keep us alive for weeks and find a way off the island. I would whine and get myself killed in a couple of hours.
  • What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? Toyota Corolla. Absolutely loved that car!
  • Describe your fantasy vacation. - Somewhere that's 68 degrees with old buildings, plenty of places to walk, cobblestone paths, lots of greenery, and room service.
  • How do you celebrate your birthday? - low key, but usually the entire month. My best friend and mom have birthdays close to mine, so I feel I'm always celebrating.
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? - I gotta think on that one. Seems my life is one embarrassment after another
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 08:05 PM  
jusca

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? National Lampoon's Vacation

What’s your greatest pet peeve? Smacking, snoring and sneezers who don't cover their noses

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Food, tools/materials to navigate off the island, medicine

Describe your fantasy vacation. Cruise to Antarctica to take a quick dip in the frigid waters.

How do you celebrate your birthday? I turn off my cell phone because too many people have interrupted the one special day to me with complaints about their problems after saying happy birthday. Then I proceed to stay up all night watching movies and eating all the junk I want. I make splurge purchases too,

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? A few years before Youtube thank goodness, I was acting silly and dancing my butt in my cousin's face and I didn't know I was being filmed. Later that year, my sister showed the video over Thanksgiving to the entire family. They never saw that dancing side of me so I was embarrassed for them to know I looked like a stripper on a pole. lol
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 08:41 PM  
diggerholliday

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Spy, Melissa McCarthy is awesome! If you don't like swearing don't watch this.

What’s your greatest pet peeve? Too many! Probably why I'm still single

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? Music, books and food

Describe your fantasy vacation. A Euro trip. London, Barcelona, Paris, etc.

How do you celebrate your birthday? Usually with family, maybe a low key dinner with one or two friends.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? Karaoke, altho everyone else was equally as drunk so . . .
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 08:17 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? - Return of the Pink Panther

What’s your greatest pet peeve? - bad table manners. Noisy eating, licking fingers, not using a napkin...

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? - food, water and books

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? - nondriver, no cars for me

Describe your fantasy vacation - Scandinavia in the winter, to see the Northern Lights and go cross-country skiing

How do you celebrate your birthday? - dinner out with DH. I give him a list of 3-4 places I'd like to try and he makes a reservation at one of them. He doesn't tell me which until the night before or morning of.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? - in recent memory, I forgot a friend's mother had died and asked after her. Historically, it's a long list
Old 07-23-18, 08:48 AM  
MathTeacher

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? - Christmas Vacation

What’s your greatest pet peeve? - BAD GRAMMAR. "I seen" makes me crazy.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? - My kindle, food and DH (He counts as a thing, right?)

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? - 1991 Sundance America is the first one I bought myself. I loved loved loved it!

Describe your fantasy vacation - I want to go to Rome and Greece.

How do you celebrate your birthday? - DH has a Little Debbie cake with a candle in it next to my breakfast. If the kids find out it is my birthday (DH usually rats me out) I get to hear so many versions of Happy birthday.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? - That haircut in 1994!
Old 07-23-18, 11:07 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Blazing Saddles

What’s your greatest pet peeve? When I hold the door or elevator for someone and they don't say thank you.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? water, food and flare guns

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? 1963 Rambler - old as dirt but lasted a while

Describe your fantasy vacation. A European Vacation

How do you celebrate your birthday? low key, with family

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? It's not something I did purposely. I had a job interview and had to get some pantyhose (this was over 25 years ago). I'm tall so I couldn't find any pantyhose for my height. I decided to put my panties over the too short pantyhose I purchased to help them stay up. They stayed in place during and after the interview, but I decided to test my luck and run to the grocery on the way home. Bad mistake. I could feel them slipping while I was walking back to the car. Unfortunately, the faster I walked the more they slipped. To my horror, I looked down and my panties were at my ankles. It was broad daylight and I was mortified. There was a man standing in front of me with this weird grin on his face. I stepped out of them, grabbed the front of my skirt to keep my pantyhose from slipping all the way down, and ran the rest of the way to my car. EMBARASSING!! Good thing though, I did get the job.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions