Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-14, 03:44 PM  
moonbeam31

9 years ago! I have encountered some of the nicest, most generous and coolest people here on VF!
moonbeam31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 03:46 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
9 years ago! I have encountered some of the nicest, most generous and coolest people here on VF!
+1. I lurked for a while, then joined in 2006. Love VF!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 03:48 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

I found VF when my older daughter was 6 months old. She drives now and is a Junior in HS! 16 years...
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 03:49 PM  
margaux

Joined late 1996 or early 1997...was and remains my favorite forum. I have learned so much, traded so many and enjoyed everyone's insights )
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 03:54 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaux View Post
Joined late 1996 or early 1997...was and remains my favorite forum. I have learned so much, traded so many and enjoyed everyone's insights )
+1

I listed my Desert Island Videos in April 1997. I was around before then, too. I didn't actually 'join' the Forum until 2002. VF is my 'go to' place to relax and learn.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 04:31 PM  
dbclark44

10.5 years. I joined in Aug 2003. Man what a long time to hang around a forum . It's helped keep me active though.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 04:35 PM  
kmissa

Since 2009! It feels like yesterday. I love this group and it's members are a wealth of info and support.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 04:38 PM  
cristinalatina

Wow, 7 years already! Since I gave up smoking and was looking for ways to avoid the weight gain and the cravings! Feels like yesterday!
Old 02-14-14, 04:47 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I started reading the reviews in late January or early February 1999, then started with the Forum in September of 1999. In January of 2000 I was one of the original members of the Beginners check-in, which was the second check-in. There are still people on here who were members of the one original check-in, who mostly did Cathe and/or ran.

That was on the infamous "temporary" software which was used for a few years until something better was finally produced. We had a troll who couldn't figure out that susan p never signed as SusanP and didn't write things like that. Trades were submitted to Wendy and a list was posted on Tuesday mornings.

I was in a Residence Inn in Flagstaff with a really flakey connection for a couple of months when the new software was installed. People were having problems with the sign-up and losing their screen names to snafus if their connection wasn't really good so I waited until I was home in February to transfer and just lurked for a couple of months. Otherwise, anyone whose date says November 2001 were on the beta version and December 2001 were transfers from the old version so were likely here before that.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 04:53 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I've been on VF since, well, since it was linked through fitnessonline.com I believe.... 1996 I think. Back when it first started... then Wendy did upgrades several years ago and the software or something reset memberships to 0.

So, forever I guess!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions, new members