Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-21, 12:10 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post

I would be concerned about putting a weight between my feet to do hamstring curls. Matter of fact; since I'm such a klutz, I would probably chicken-out and use no weights or maybe (if I was feeling ambitious) ankle weights.
I was concerned! It stayed in place, but I'll probably skip the weight next time. I think the modifier did not use a weight, so I'll follow her for that move

Quote:
Today was Sculpt-ilates with Robyn Johnson as lead. Robyn did a great job as lead. I thoroughly enjoyed this unique and fun workout.

This workout does a great job working balance and flexibility. There's a bit of strength training with the band, but this is one I will use when I just want to have a fun workout
I have this workout, but haven't tried it yet. I've been doing pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays; I should do this one soon!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:18 PM  
kat999

Today I did the Zip trainer add on Upper Body Cardio + Strength with Emily. This is a tough little 30 minutes and I used the Zip plus 3 lb. core ball and 6 and 8 lb. weights. For one segment that asks that you put the ball in the Zip, I did so, but then for another I didn't (by that point I was getting a little fatigued!).
Old 11-28-21, 11:04 AM  
gladgirl

Vol 5 yesterday...this is becoming one of my favorites all over again. This one is a real lower body burner.

Which workout would be good for upper body only? Not overkill like some Cathe workouts.

I may try to do one upper and one lower for the week during this time of year. (It's been and continues to be very busy at work)
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 01:52 PM  
MoFirmer

FIRM Upper Body Sculpt with Janet Brooks is good. or Jiggle Free Arms.
Old 11-28-21, 05:30 PM  
Karla25

Egads, yesterday was a nightmare! I caught some kind of nasty bug -eek My main workout was moving my carcass from the bed to the couch.

I felt much better today. Didn't want to workout, but sometimes movement can help one feel better. Besides, my back seizes up if I don't do something pretty much every day.

I decided I wanted the bare minimum with no equipment changes, step, cardio etc. I settled on Total Body Toner with Allie Del Rio Pointer It was my first time doing the workout. It uses light weights, is 40 minutes long and suitable for beginners. There's a smidgen of cardio, balance and waist work. There are a lot of quick weight changes, so have your weights handy. They used 3, 5 & 8/10 pound weights.
Old 11-28-21, 06:30 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
FIRM Upper Body Sculpt with Janet Brooks is good. or Jiggle Free Arms.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 11-28-21, 06:33 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Egads, yesterday was a nightmare! I caught some kind of nasty bug -eek My main workout was moving my carcass from the bed to the couch.

I felt much better today. Didn't want to workout, but sometimes movement can help one feel better. Besides, my back seizes up if I don't do something pretty much every day.
Glad you’re feeling better and doing a workout! That one sounds good and a nice length.
Old 11-28-21, 06:35 PM  
wendug

Today I did Dangerous Curves Ahead, which uses the loop band. I like using the loop band and think Allison did a good job of using the loop. However, there is a LOT of high impact cardio in this workout. I like a little bit of high impact, but this one had so much I had to modify a bit. But I feel like I got a great cardio workout with a bit of toning thrown in.
Old 11-29-21, 01:41 PM  
psupam

Sunday was Jiggle Free Arms; tonight is Zumba. Tomorrow will be Jiggle Free Buns. I plan to do Jiggle Free Abs and Ultimate Calorie Blaster later in the week.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 05:41 PM  
Karla25

Today was Hips, Thighs & Abs with Pam Cauthen Meriwether This DVD has a floor workout and an ab workout. I only did the floor workout today. If I do it again, I will do it on the floor and not bother with the box or sculpting stick. I decided to use a hand held weight for the thigh work since the stick was a bit awkward for me. It was also a bit annoying to adjust the box. I used to do the ab workout regularly over 10 years ago. I will try it again soon. However, I just got my Essentrics Vol. 1 in the mail today and wanted to do one of the stretching workouts instead. I did workout #3 and it was just what I needed

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm