Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-21, 01:31 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you, Karla
I feel much better and will do some light cardio and start on Sat. with weights again.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 01:34 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
gladgirl, so sorry you've been sick. I was sick in September, and then again in October with terrible colds...one right on top of the other. I hope you feel better soon, and it's good you're resting well!
Thank you, Pam. This cold was the worst and strangest ever and over my 67 yrs I have experienced all kinds of colds, flu and even covid.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 03:25 PM  
donnamp

Karla - thanks for the review of Basics Abs, Buns and Thighs.

I'm considering embarking on a Basics rotation and doing each one once a week and then mixing in some Ellen B. and cardio in on the other days.

I'm still dealing w/ a cranky hip and lower back. It was improving but I seem to have done something to make it upset again...not as bad as before - I think it is a two steps forward, one step back.

gladgirl and Pam61 - I have had colds where my eyes just watered and teared up - was it like that or actual pain? I guess your sinuses are all up and around the area. Once during allergy season I was convinced I had a tooth issue, but it was really just my sinuses being swollen and pressing on nerves.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 06:21 PM  
wendug

Karla- I had to look up the Basics Abs, Buns, and Thighs clip on YT because I wasn't sure what the workout was. I thought it was a workout with the jungle background, but I was mistaken (that's Prime Powers- ugh- so many workouts to keep straight!) Thanks for the review.

Today I did Jiggle Free Buns. I like that this workout has some unique moves mixed in with the usual tall box climbs. The squats with the heel lift and knee lift makes you really feel the working leg! And towards the end when she holds the plie squat for what seems like forever my legs were screaming! I'm getting better at the "hot cross buns" move on the transfirmer, but it has taken me many tries to finally get it down. Someone here on VF called this workout "Standing Legs lite" and I have to agree. Still tough but not quite as tough as Standing Legs.
Old 11-12-21, 04:44 PM  
kat999

Today I did Lower Body Shaping, with Kim Bartlett, which I've never done before; I just got the DVD from Fitness Favorites. This was one of the "jungle set" Prime Power workouts, and I really liked it.

I'm sure this info is available, but what was the deal with the jungle set series and why are they so hard to find? Like the Crosstrainers with Heidi and Pam being originally put out under the "Variety" name instead of the FIRM, were they trying to diversify with different brands? This was clearly filmed in the usual set but was redressed with a beach background and jungle motifs.

I have to also say, on a superficial level, that the music in this is AMAZING and feels very retro-contemporary. I really dug it.

On the workout itself, I enjoyed that it was a little lower intensity with the cardio and had a really serious lower-body focus. I have the feeling this was considered a "boomer" workout or something when it was released?
Old 11-12-21, 08:05 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Karla - thanks for the review of Basics Abs, Buns and Thighs.
Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Karla- I had to look up the Basics Abs, Buns, and Thighs clip on YT because I wasn't sure what the workout was. I thought it was a workout with the jungle background, but I was mistaken (that's Prime Powers- ugh- so many workouts to keep straight!) Thanks for the review.
You're both welcome!

Today was another Firm Basics: 12 Minute Time Crunch with Weights. It has 4 (approximately) 12 minute workouts. It's also a beginner level, but I like it because of the variety of instructors. I did the full workout and the time flew by. I followed it with Jason Crandell's Restful Sleep yoga practice.

Here's the link: 12 Minute Time Crunch Weights
Old 11-13-21, 09:14 AM  
Venus

Friday's workout:

The Firm: TransFirm Your Trouble Zones with Kelsie Daniels + Bonus 8 min core
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Text Neck 28 min
10 Day Gentle Reset Challenge - Day 1: Calling in Calm 38 min

I don't have a 5 lb. kettlebell, so I just used a 5 lb. weight for the Firm workout. Only a couple of moves were a little awkward. It's definitely more cardio than strength.

Wendy, I hadn't seen Jiggle Free Buns referred to as "Standing Legs lite". It's good to know. I haven't done either regularly, but I'll do Jiggle Free Buns first and work up to Standing Legs.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 09:30 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The Firm- Tough Cardio Mix

This is my most used Firm workout. I had it on VHS initially and now on DVD. Sure it is kinda cheesy, but it makes me smile whenever I do the workout. Also, I think they did a great job of putting this parts workout together. All of the step sections are together so you don't have to put the step away and pull it back out again multiple times.
I did this one two nights ago.

My most used is Vol. 4.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 09:36 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Today I did Lower Body Shaping, with Kim Bartlett, which I've never done before; I just got the DVD from Fitness Favorites. This was one of the "jungle set" Prime Power workouts, and I really liked it.

I'm sure this info is available, but what was the deal with the jungle set series and why are they so hard to find? Like the Crosstrainers with Heidi and Pam being originally put out under the "Variety" name instead of the FIRM, were they trying to diversify with different brands? This was clearly filmed in the usual set but was redressed with a beach background and jungle motifs.

I have to also say, on a superficial level, that the music in this is AMAZING and feels very retro-contemporary. I really dug it.

On the workout itself, I enjoyed that it was a little lower intensity with the cardio and had a really serious lower-body focus. I have the feeling this was considered a "boomer" workout or something when it was released?

This one was my go-to workout when I was pregnant with my first child. I really do like it still.

I think, and I’m not positive, once Gaiam acquired the Firm they had the rights to the workouts and rereleased some under the other names causing lots of confusion among those who already knew the workouts under their original names. For whatever reason, they decided not to put the PrimePowers on dvd at that time. I believe FitnessFavorites was able to work out a deal where they can stream them and put out dvds. Again, not sure if my memory is correct on this.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 02:53 PM  
psupam

Checking in with Aerobic Body Shaping yesterday.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm