Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-21, 11:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, just had an error in posting (although in this case, it was probably my wireless, not VF).

Sherry, I kind of am used to Apple because of my ipod. DH and I actually often call it my "phone," because when I'm in a wireless zone, it can do virtually everything a phone can (text, use apps, Facetime) except for actual calls. I'm sure I could get used to Android - I'm pretty good at picking up tech stuff - but wonder about missing the Apple device. What is it that you appreciate most about Apple, especially after having a cheaper phone?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 04:34 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Ugh, just had an error in posting (although in this case, it was probably my wireless, not VF).

Sherry, I kind of am used to Apple because of my ipod. DH and I actually often call it my "phone," because when I'm in a wireless zone, it can do virtually everything a phone can (text, use apps, Facetime) except for actual calls. I'm sure I could get used to Android - I'm pretty good at picking up tech stuff - but wonder about missing the Apple device. What is it that you appreciate most about Apple, especially after having a cheaper phone?
Well, my memory is kind of fuzzy, I just remember I liked IPhone better, lol. I think it's because it was slower and clunkier to use. However, that was years ago. I think the Android track phones are probably much better than what I had.

There are some features of the IPhone XR I like compared to the 6s. It has face recognition, although that was a pain when wearing a mask! You don't have to press the bottom button, you just swipe for everything. The screen is bigger, I definitely appreciate that. It has more memory, it's faster, and it charges faster.

But I can't compare it to Android apps, because I haven't used one recently. TBH, now that I think about it, I don't how different it would be to get used to Android. I just assumed that things like the Apple Podcast app, for example, would have a different setup than an Android podcast app. Google to the rescue! I found this article.

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/iphone-vs-android

According to the article, one plus for you with an IPhone is that you can easily transfer data from your IPad to your phone. However, the plus for an Android is that it still has headphone jacks. Apple got rid of the headphone jack, and it's the same plug in as the charger. Which means you can't charge the phone when you use headphones. However, you can buy either wireless headphones or get an adapter that enables you to plug in both at the same time. I have Bluetooth in my hearing aids, so it isn't an issue for me.

And as Barb mentioned, an Android would enable you to customize your phone, which is good for people who like to tinker with it. That's not me, I like the ease of the IPhone.
Old 07-08-21, 10:57 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

As a general rule, if you are not tech savvy, iphone is better for you.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, cell phone plans, iphone, mobile devices, off topic, off-topic, smart phones