Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-20, 01:33 PM  
anjabear

Callanetics and Bar Method

I've been into Callanetics lately. I decided to try Extreme because it has all the moves I want from both the regular and Super Callanetics. But guess what? It's even better. Lacy sequences it different and goes a bit faster and makes it way more fun. I went into the w/o thinking I'll just set out if it gets to be too much, but I was able to do almost all of it. Extreme moves faster than Super. It has new moves for the upper body, planks, side planks and push-ups. The inner thighs also get more work. If you've not tried it because of it's name Extreme, you are missing out on a super w/o!

Enjoying Callanetics Extreme so much got me to try BM Dancer's Body just a couple days later. It is awesome! It has some moves that kind of mimic the Pelvic Wave and the Pelvic Curl from Callanetics except they are done standing and are, in a way, harder work, yet are easier on my body (my knee is aggravated a bit right now). I did sweat quite a bit more with the BMDB w/o vs Cal Extreme.

I have to say I really like both of them a lot!

Anyone else here enjoying Barre now?

Last edited by anjabear; 10-02-21 at 10:57 AM. Reason: changed DB because meant Extreme
anjabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 11:17 AM  
Luv2WO

Hi Julia!

I own Callanetics Extreme but have never tried it. I have done Pure Callanetics and the 30 Day Countdown workouts. It's good to know that this one is doable. I have avoided it because of the Extreme part in the title.

I knew a woman 10 years ago who was in AMAZING shape. I asked her what she did and she said Super Callanetics (the old one). She said to skip the Original and go straight to the Super version because that is how she got the results. I bought it but never did it because it was so long.

Maybe I should give them both a try. How often do you do Callanetics and Bar Method?
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 01:53 PM  
boundingaway

HI, since we've been home with Covid I've been taking live Zoom classes in Callanetics through two sources - Sandra Hannah in Australia and Karen Oliver in Scotland. It's been terrific fun. Sandra's classes include somatics and Karen's sometimes include other barre variations but are mostly straight up Callanetics.

With Sandra's classes you get very kind form pointers. Just can't over emphasize how helpful this is. Each class is for all levels of student.

In Karen's class you get to hear the instructions in a lovely Scottish accent. Sure makes the ab exercises seem more friendly! Again each class is for all levels of student.

You can find both of these teachers on FB and book directly. Sandra is found at Callanetics with Sandra Hanna, @goldcoastcallanetics.
Karen is at Callanetics Fife, @callaneticsfife.

Just had to share!
Old 10-27-20, 02:21 PM  
boundingaway

Quick update: Sandra Hanna is now offering recordings of her live Zoom classes. Each recording is good for 7 days. Yay!

Details on her FB page.
Old 10-29-20, 06:39 PM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2WO View Post
Hi Julia!

I own Callanetics Extreme but have never tried it. I have done Pure Callanetics and the 30 Day Countdown workouts. It's good to know that this one is doable. I have avoided it because of the Extreme part in the title.

I knew a woman 10 years ago who was in AMAZING shape. I asked her what she did and she said Super Callanetics (the old one). She said to skip the Original and go straight to the Super version because that is how she got the results. I bought it but never did it because it was so long.

Maybe I should give them both a try. How often do you do Callanetics and Bar Method?
Luv2WO,
Right now I'm doing either Cal or BM every other day; I have many of them so it makes rotating easy.
I'm taking notes on each of them after I do them so I can note whatever comes to mind that I may like to remember later (in the years to come).

It sounds like you will like Cal Extreme, just forget the name and have fun with it. DB is good too, very good. Do try them; I think you'll be glad you did!
Old 10-29-20, 06:41 PM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundingaway View Post
HI, since we've been home with Covid I've been taking live Zoom classes in Callanetics through two sources - Sandra Hannah in Australia and Karen Oliver in Scotland. It's been terrific fun. Sandra's classes include somatics and Karen's sometimes include other barre variations but are mostly straight up Callanetics.

With Sandra's classes you get very kind form pointers. Just can't over emphasize how helpful this is. Each class is for all levels of student.

In Karen's class you get to hear the instructions in a lovely Scottish accent. Sure makes the ab exercises seem more friendly! Again each class is for all levels of student.

You can find both of these teachers on FB and book directly. Sandra is found at Callanetics with Sandra Hanna, @goldcoastcallanetics.
Karen is at Callanetics Fife, @callaneticsfife.

Just had to share!
Thanks Julie!
Old 10-29-20, 08:21 PM  
Luv2WO

Thanks for the information, Julia! I did Callanetics 10/10 today and enjoyed it. I'm thinking of alternating Callanetics with Barre3 for November. I can never stick with anything but right now this seems like a good rotation.

BM Dancer's Body used to be one of my favorite barre workouts. It's tough but back then I liked the challenge. Maybe I will pull it out and see if I can still do it. It's a blast from the past thinking about these workouts. Haha!

Thanks Julie! I might check out their options in the future.

So many workouts, so little time!!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:50 AM  
anjabear

Also Luv2wo, I also rely on other upper body and cardio w/o's in addition to these barre w/o's. There's not enough of it in any of these for my needs.
Also the push-ups are done too fast to go to a 90 degree angle with my elbows which is what I like to do, so I pause the DVD's when needed.

Tags
bar method, barre, callanetics