Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-04-22, 09:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have just been busy, busy with work....ugh and we are going to start renovations on our bathrooms soon so I have been picking tile, etc. They are doing one at a time and I think there will be several weeks in between so that is good - I'll at least get a break, lol!

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Kathy Smith - Ageless Staying Strong: Upper Body & Glutes - this is a really nice routine. 15 min of each. The Upper Body focused some on posture and keeping your upper back strong. Glutes was mainly floorwork but ended w/ some lunges and deadlifts.

Lucy W-R - May Challenge Day # 3- which was standing core

Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Challenge Day # 4

I did more than I expected I would given that I woke up feeling less than energized.

Re: subscriptions, I do have a hard time committing to something for a year. I have a subscription to Jessica Valent Pilates which I'm probably not going to renew when it comes due in July. I do keep Ellen around. Although I think I'm going to cancel/suspend my ETV for a bit - and focus on the CS DVDs I have at home for a bit.

It is hard for me to stick with one instructor, one genre for very long!

Although I do feel a Kathy Smith kick coming on!

My friend says her DH feels better and she is feeling better too although she has a terrible headache. Her brother, who probably gave it to her, insists it is "allergies" but since when are allergies contagious?

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 10:24 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Tuesday: 30 min walk on treadmill
Wednesday: 30 min walk outside with friends

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 07:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Today I pulled out GHUTV Walk, Sweat & Sculpt DVD and did:

UB Walk - 33min and Power Walking Core Connection - 31min.

I was up at 3:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep so I've decided to get up and enjoy the quiet "me" time. Well, not quite because Oliver was so happy to have company that he didn't leave my side for a minute. He is a very social cat and is especially attached to me, as I am to him. We're lucky to have found each other.

I don't have to go to work today and don't really have any plans, so I'll just see what I feel like doing. I hope everyone has a great day.

Waves to all!
Old 05-05-22, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Will be brief.....unfortunately....

Last night I got out for a walk w/ my Golden and then did the standing portion of Jenny's Aging Backwards on ETV (it was a Live workout)

Today, so far, sticking w/ the Kathy Smith theme:

Matrix Walk - just the first section and stretch. This one is kinda cheesy, but I still enjoyed it.

Later today I'll either do the 2nd section and standing abs or I'll go another outdoor walk - whatever the weather dictates.

I need to do some major decluttering as well.

waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 05-05-22, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout yesterday. My neighbor left the work radio turned on in his truck Tuesday night and I kept waking up to what sounded like 2 men talking right outside my bedroom window. Then he got called out at 3 AM, so I jumped up thinking I had overslept, but no. Too tired for a workout before my DNA class last night.

Today I did

Be Healthy Enough - Level 2 Full Body Strength Workout Osteoporosis Safe - 40 minutes

Not a bad workout. Whiskey the dog joined Amy for the workout.

A wild day at work. 3 8th grade boys decided to "play" with the emergency shower in the science room while the sub was in the hallway welcoming students to the classroom. They couldn't get it turned off and it flooded the science lab on the 2nd floor and the extended day room below. I'm ready for these kids to graduate already!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 09:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post...

Last night I did end up doing the 2nd part of the Matrix walk along w/ the standing core and I managed to get in Yoga w/ Bird - Day 5, I think.

This morning was time crunched so I did Lucy's Feel Amazing Challenge Day # 2 - it was a "run" with some toning. Her stuff is really sneaky and time efficient.

Speaking of which, that will be my goal for about two weeks - supposedly our Master Bath remodel is going to start at the end of next week. He anticipates it will take 2 weeks....and they like to start early so I am going to have to re-think my workout plans for those two weeks. I normally like to do my main workout in the morning, but w/ them getting here at 7:30 a.m. it is going to be a challenge. So I will either have to do something super short or do a workout in the evening after work....I do run out of steam in the evening, even w/ working from home. I may just aim for 3 sparks throughout the day - a short something in the morning, a mid-day walk, and a short something at night.

Whatever, it is temporary and I hope to at least have a newly remodeled Master Bath by Memorial Day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Carol - that is sort of funny about the 8th graders...except for the mess!

Dana - I enjoy those "quiet" times w/ my pets, too. I get up at least once a night to let my old Lab out - and sometimes I have trouble going back to sleep....so sit up w/ her.

Donna
Old 05-07-22, 06:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Flow with Mira Hip Stretch/Strength - 30min.

For the past few days I've had a bad lower back pain that I've atributed to our crazy weather - rain, rain, rain. But this morning the pain and general achy feeling continues, so I've decided to focus on stretching and feel-good workouts. Mira's Hip Stretch felt really good.

I have to go to the office today but will be back early enough to watch the coverage of the Kentucky Derby. I'm not particularly interested in the race itself but I really enjoy watching people, what they wear and of course the hats!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-07-22, 07:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I came home with a splitting headache yesterday and didn't feel like doing much. I did manage a 30 minute walk without the dogs.

The corollary to the 8th grade boys' science room disaster - we got the bill from our regular cleaning company for cleaning up the carpet in the extended day room from the flooding - it was $1,500. I about had a stroke. That was ridiculous.

Carol
Old 05-07-22, 08:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

CarolYikes on the flooding!

Donna how exciting for the bathroom remodel! We are doing ours on our own ..and it is itty-bitty changes that make take forever to complete before we are done, lol. Currently sharing a sink with someone who seems to think toothpaste drool spitting is target practice..

Dana I love those me and my furball times before the world seems to be awake.

Brenda I'm glad you're recovering from Covid..how's your elbow been doing?

Hey everyone, been high stress here for a couple of weeks but should be settled now. Last month's focus was on cardio endurance and I had a great outing on a longer hike so that was awesome. I am following my version of Cathe's May rotation which focuses on split strength. This weekend is just going to be off days from it since we are moving my daughter. However, they won't exactly feel like rest days.
This month so far:
M …XTrain Legs plus hip thrusts/IMAX2 int 6-7/core cuts core ball blast;CE#914 Calf/knee
T … Xtrain Bi’s & Tri’s/CS#912 Slenderizing arms
W …CS #913 posture; imax2 practice 8-10; FIRM Cardio Dance Club;
Th... Outdoor hike 7.2 miles, stretch max band stretch
F... Mobility 11m; Trifecta Pilates seated and gentle evening practice

Have a great weekend all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 07:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes, no dogs; I went this morning before it got hot!

Kelly Coffey-Meyer - 30 MTF - Sculpting Rx Workout 1 - 35 minutes; I've had this ever since it came out but I don't think I've ever done it. I liked it - 10 reps of each exercise with a slow tempo, 2 sets of each exercise. Exercises were paired so you got a little bit of a break before the second set. Mostly standing, but Kelly finishes on the floor with flies, skull crushers, bench press, and tricep kickbacks, before finally ending with pushups and tricep dips. I subbed a different exercise for the tricep dips.

We hit 100 degrees today, first time in recorded history that we've ever hit 100 degrees this early in the year. With the dryness and the wind, I'm afraid we are off to a bad start.

Carol