Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-22, 08:35 PM  
Gams

I had my pre-op physical on Friday. I brought along the Jack Reacher book I’m reading so I could read while I waited. I had to wait a long time and when the doctor finally came into the exam room, she apologized for keeping me waiting. I said, “That’s okay, but I want you to know that Jack Reacher managed to kill 5 people in the time I’ve been waiting.” 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 09:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
I liked the Jane Hawk books. I agree that they can be a little over the top, but I found them entertaining and engaging reads. I often have to suspend disbelief with respect to characters and how they handle the situations they encounter.
Well, that's true with most thriller-type novels, right? I mean, I read David Baldacci's Will Robie series, and I definitely had to suspend disbelief for everything he managed to pull off.

I think with Jane Hawk it just feels like a bit too much - I mean she's gorgeous and resourceful and brilliant, etc, etc. There just doesn't seem like much space for this series to grow.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 10:14 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gams View Post
i had my pre-op physical on friday. I brought along the jack reacher book i’m reading so i could read while i waited. I had to wait a long time and when the doctor finally came into the exam room, she apologized for keeping me waiting. I said, “that’s okay, but i want you to know that jack reacher managed to kill 5 people in the time i’ve been waiting.” 😁
lmao! :d

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 11:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I just started reading Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior by Geoffrey Miller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I had my pre-op physical on Friday. I brought along the Jack Reacher book I’m reading so I could read while I waited. I had to wait a long time and when the doctor finally came into the exam room, she apologized for keeping me waiting. I said, “That’s okay, but I want you to know that Jack Reacher managed to kill 5 people in the time I’ve been waiting.” 😁
LOL! That's funny. I can't wait for Season 2 of Jack Reacher on Amazon Prime!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 01:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m enjoying a new to me three book mystery series by Icelandic author Ragnar Jonasson. I listened to the first book, The Darkness, last week & am half way through the second one, The Island.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 02:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
That is funny...... was the doctor amused? Hope the surgery went well!
Old 04-05-22, 03:19 PM  
Gams

Yes, the doctor laughed and asked if the book was good. My surgery is April 14th.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:50 AM  
Dancing Queen

Just finished:
Entering the Passion of Jesus: A Beginner's Guide to Holy Week (Amy-Jill Levine)
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 05:03 PM  
Erica H.

Finished Northanger Abbey and I Understand: Pain, Love, and Healing after Suicide. I thought they were both very good. Am about halfway through This Boy We Made: A Memoir of Motherhood, Genetics, and Facing the Unknown and not enjoying it but will finish.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 05:04 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
That is very funny. Good luck with your surgery!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, danielle friedman, kindle, reading, spring reading