Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-21, 08:43 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Is that all there is? Cathe and KCM.

For those of us who really just do DVDs, are we at the point where only Cathe and Kelly are releasing new stuff? Any other instructors still releasing DVDs?

Cause KCM is hit and miss for me.

And - I really think I might be done with Cathe. I have not been enjoying her latest releases. I think PHA3 was the last one I liked, but even that was missing the old Cathe spark.

Classical Stretch is the only other company I can think of that still releases DVDs, and I have So Much Classical Stretch already.

Let me know if I’m missing any other instructors still doing it on Dvd?
Old 04-12-21, 08:48 AM  
laurajhawk

Great question. Linda Wooldridge is, I think? And Mary's New Products pages lists several from Gin Miller ... most are old titles but one is from 2020.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jenny Ford just released

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:09 AM  
sherry7899

Misty Tripoli still releases DVDs.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:19 AM  
Messe

Tracie Long still produces DVDs.

Get Healthy U TV (Chris Freytag) released some new sets in the last week or two. They’re themed compilations of some of the workouts that are available for streaming. Most sets come with a rotation calendar. They’re DVD-R, but they’re professionally mastered and not the burn-on-demand/as-you-go ones. I haven’t had problems with any of the ones in my sets.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:53 AM  
Gams

I wonder if Leslie Sansone will be releasing more? Even if she’s decided to step back, the fact that her protégés were so prominently featured in her Walk 15 set made me think that maybe they would carry on for Leslie.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:11 PM  
muggle

Such an appropriate thread!! I was just looking around to see if anyone is coming out w/ anything new. Perhaps I'm spoiled from getting new DVD's from these instructors on a regular/yearly basis. I'm sitting here thinking....WELL?? Where are the new workouts?!?!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 02:09 PM  
pharma_gal

I keep thinking about Mary from Totalfitnessdvds and Collage video. How are they surviving? Everyone is going to streaming and online apps.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 02:32 PM  
katalina

I only do DVDs. I hope Jessica will release dvds in the future. I also hope Ellen will release a dvd (or two or more).

Truthfully, I probably already have more than enough dvds... (if there is such a thing)
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 03:13 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I wonder if Ballet Beautiful is going to release anymore. Prevention, but those are so expensive. Jenny Ford's is interesting. Linda, Jessica, KCM and Cathe may release dvds.

Tags
dvds, dvds versus streaming, new releases