Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-18, 04:02 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
This. If an instructor doesn’t want to keep selling DVDs, that’s fine. But offer downloads or you lose my business. Streaming does not always work for me, and I don’t want to fork out a bunch of money each month and only get one or two instructors. Plus, I don’t always like all the workouts from that instructor.
I'm more with this. Everyone wants security and streaming services offer that. However, they are also misunderstanding their product. What they are offering, especially if it doesn't offer ongoing new material, is not equivalent to a one time cost, nor it is equivalent to what you get going to the gym.

I find few instructors or streaming services worth more than $10 a month, and only if they offer easy to stop and start subscriptions. I'd really like to see instructors group together with dissimilar offerings, and not use proprietary platforms such as purple player.

Virtue signalling and pollution from electricity- I've been involved in the environmental compliance world for going on 30 years and that's kind of a pejorative term and a political one at that. Instructors can believe in both the environment and try to make a living. Pollution from electricity vs. the plastics, it's apples and oranges. The long term affects are not even comparable- pollution from electricity can be controlled and managed as far down as we want it to be, it can be generated in places that don't create a negative impact, we have the means to even capture the greenhouse gases.

We could mine and recycle, reuse and minimize plastics too, but it isn't even in a place that is close to the current management of pollution from electricity. And if you are really interested in the latter, although I know not everyone is a US Citizen. https://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations...-reform#Public
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloads, dvds versus streaming, ellen barret, ellen barrett, end of dvds, streaming