Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-18, 07:37 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
My husband doesn't usually watch TV, but he did watch the series premier of This Is Us. I still remember him saying "Is that guy smoking?" when the fireman was in the hospital. We hadn't figured out what year it was.
That was definitely a clue!

I also wonder why Jack was wearing a long sleeved shirt and denim jacket at the end of August!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 08:06 AM  
Carol K

I was so focused on thinking that Jack was going to want to bring home the abandoned baby, that I didn't even notice the smoking. Tim later read that we were supposed to know what year it was from the football references. Yeah, right.
Old 09-25-18, 08:46 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I was so focused on thinking that Jack was going to want to bring home the abandoned baby, that I didn't even notice the smoking. Tim later read that we were supposed to know what year it was from the football references. Yeah, right.
I don't follow football at all, so I never would have gotten it from that either.

Old 09-25-18, 09:56 AM  
Sissy B

I'm watching DWTS tonight so I'll watch it tomorrow. I downloaded the NBC app on my Roku after the Super Bowl so I could catch up - that's the first episode I ever watched.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 02:40 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I haven't decided yet. I watch DWTS, too, and will watch one of them tonight, and the other tomorrow. I do love This Is Us more than DWTS, but it's live, and for some reason that makes it feel like I shouldn't miss it.

I hate that even though I only watch about 5 t.v. shows, they seem to end up opposite each other.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 02:42 PM  
sherry7899

I am.also going to watch the new show "A Million Little Things" on ABC tomorrow at 10 pm EST. It is the only new show I am interested in.

Old 09-25-18, 03:05 PM  
Carol K

I'm going to record A Million Little Things too. I recorded Manifest last night and I'm going to record the Murphy Brown reboot on Thursday. But that's just this week. I gave up watching every episode of everything, except Masterpiece and Young & The Restless.
Old 09-25-18, 06:36 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I watched the tribute to the show last week and it was great. I loved seeing the auditions several of the actors did and then seeing those scenes in the actual show. The actors talked a lot about the show and their relationships, too. Also behind-the-scenes of the fire and retakes of Rebecca being told Jack was dead. Lots of good stuff!

This season is going to focus on how Jack and Rebecca met and their early relationship, as well as Jack’s time in Viet Nam. My DVR is still set from last season. I rarely watch anything when it’s actually on.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 06:45 PM  
Carol K

I enjoyed that show too.
Old 10-17-18, 04:11 PM  
sherry7899

Is anyone else still watching? I'd love to discuss it.

Spoiler for last night's episode, which I read about, but did not notice myself:

When Jack was protecting a village in Vietnam, a young boy runs up to him to show him a large fish he caught. The boy's mother is nearby looking on. Apparently she was wearing the necklace that later becomes Jack's, which he passed onto Kevin. That will be an interesting storyline!

Tags
favorite tv shows, this is us