Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-02-22, 08:47 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Yogapam: Thanks for starting us off this month -- and a belated Happy Canada Day!

No workout for me on Friday -- my scheduled weekly rest day.

Today's Workout: Lower body day. I warmed up with a mish-mosh of exercises from Total Body Solution, Bob & Brad, and a few others. Next was the Fetal Thigh sequence from Winsor Buns & Thighs. I then did various segments from Margaret Richard's Triple Threat, and finished with my own stretches.

The knee is behaving well today!

On Friday I had a person come in to give me an estimate on redoing my bathroom. I'd like to replace the tub with a walk-in shower, get a high-rise toilet, and a new vanity. Should receive the estimate next week -- am hoping that the PTO payout I'll get when I retire will cover it.

Cyana: What a crazy week!

Carolyn: I think the same thing when I see folks walking around all hunched over.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 12:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts
~Neighbourhood walk
~Gilad’s Quick Fit Series: Shoulders & Arms - Lots of reps in this one!
~Gilad’s Quick Fit Series: Hips, Thighs, & Buns
~Lovely long yin practice on my own

I caved on Gilad’s 40% off 4th of July sale and bought the digital version of his Quick Fit Series. The length is perfect, all 20-30 min. It’s so retro, lol, but such good workouts and the Hawaiian background is beautiful. I enjoyed these two and look forward to the rest.

Cyana - You did have quite the week! I hope next week is calmer.

Sandra - Glad your knee is feeling better! Hope the bathroom reno estimate is reasonable.

Carolyn - I’m very conscious of getting a hump back! It’s often structural and it definitely runs in my family as my dad was quite stooped as is my sister who is 12 years older than me.

Pat - The chicks are so big & look like they’ll soon be ready to fly.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 08:20 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning wave as I savor my coffee. I was feeling a bit creaky after doing my morning stretching ritual and decided I'll work out a bit later.

Got a text from DS last evening - DIL arrived safely, so they were having a nice dinner with their friends to celebrate. That is a huge relief, as she has driven over 2,600 miles this week - most of that solo. Now my stress-o-meter can get out of the red zone! She's one of those people who thinks nothing of undertaking a major solo car trip.

In case you didn't see this video of an eagle who brought a baby hawk back to the nest and decided not to eat it, but to adopt it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/anim...est/vi-AAYPYSY

Beth - I'm glad you had such strong attendance at the brewery class yesterday - especially considering it's a holiday week-end. And even better that you were able to enjoy the class as a participant. Yes, I'm off Monday and plan to enjoy every minute. We'll meander out to the driveway to enjoy the town's fireworks tomorrow evening.

Sandra - I'll be interested to know what you end up doing about your bathroom remodel. I've been telling DH I'd like to remodel our bathroom and he tends to roll his eyes and change the subject. We had one of the taller toilets in our previous home and would definitely have another.

Pam - Hope you enjoy your new Gilad work-outs. He was my gateway into video fitness back in the mid-80's. His Men's Arms of Steel is dated (and indoors, so no beautiful beach setting), but a solid upper body work-out and I still have that on VHS. IIRC, I traded for that work-out back in the days of the original Firm forum!

Hope everyone has a great day!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 08:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, wow, that IS a long drive! Enjoy your meandering this weekend.

Pam, Gilad always did have beautiful settings! Sometimes retro can be a lot of fun.

Sandra, glad you had a good day with your knee. I think those bathroom replacements make a lot of sense for your retirement. Although we are not in a retirement community, the houses in our development were geared with older people in mind, so the countertops (both kitchen and bathroom) are higher by default. I love it - when I go to someone else's house or even a hotel, I feel so awkward brushing my teeth over a "low" sink!

Pat, glad you enjoyed time with family - cut photo on Facebook!

Hope everyone else is okay and finding some time to rest and rejuvenate this weekend.

I meant to film a new practice on Friday, a fun with blocks (Block Party) for the holiday weekend, but the time got away from me. I think I will be able to do it tomorrow instead since DH & I aren't doing anything for the holiday. In the meantime, I put together another remix, this one chair yoga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0MzTASFC8&t=17s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 11:18 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Today is my rest day but I’m planning some yin yoga later after I do some chores. I’m still in spring clear out mode these days.

Cyana - That was an epic road trip for your DIL, glad she arrived safely! Hopefully you can take a deep breath and get some down time for the rest of the long weekend. I’ve always enjoyed Gilad’s workouts, although many of them, especially the longer ones, would be a bit too much for me at this point. I had a couple of his step workouts on dvd a while back, but I don’t do step anymore. These ones are very doable for me with minor mods.

Beth - Your FB pics of MB&B looked so nice! I look forward to trying your latest remixes on YT.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-03-22, 03:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, it was really nice; we had virtually a full house. The brewery replaced their grass with artificial turf, and it's actually really nice to practice on!

My next video project is doing a new "trailer" for my channel using old video clips. I still hope to film another video though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-03-22, 07:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yesterday and today were rest days. Yesterday I went to see a very dear friend who recently went into hospice (I am heartbroken about it). Today was my typical marketing, food prep and house chores.

Carolyn, one of the reasons I like doing yoga is to hopefully prevent that hunched over appearance (Dowager's Hump).
Thanks for all the links to the yoga videos!

Pat, sorry about the buffering problems with Ellen, that is so frustrating. That's why I still love my exercise DVDs.

Cyana, it's nice that your DS and DIL have friends in the new area they moved to.
I didn't have much time to cook anything special this weekend other than our typical dishes for the week.
What a sweet story of the eagle who adopted a baby hawk!

Beth, you did a nice job on your chair yoga remix!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 08:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Unfortunately my kneecap seems to have slipped again. It was nice having it in its proper place for a few days.

Paine: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

Cyana: Wow, that's quite a road trip!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 09:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I did Beth’s Yin hip remix & quite enjoyed it! I also added in a few other hip, quad, & lat focused yin poses.

Paine - I’m so sorry about your friend, (((hugs))).

Sandra - I’m sorry your knee is giving you grief again!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-03-22, 09:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, glad you liked the remix! It's kind of fun putting the clips together, although it also makes me realize how limited my skills are.

Paine, so sorry about your friend; I'm sure that's very hard.

Sandra, oh snap about your knee (hopefully not literally).

Happy 4th of July eve!

Follow me @YogiBethC