Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-01-22, 08:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Barefoot & on the Mat: July 2022 Summer is barefoot season!

“In summer, the song sings itself.”
~William Carlos Williams~

If you are lurking, please pop in and say hello! We are fun, friendly, diverse group. We are especially fond of barefoot workouts….Pilates, yoga, barre, CS/Essentrics, Qi Gong, dance. Some of us even like to do our cardio and strength workouts sans shoes. There are no rules here, everyone is welcome! Roll out your mat, slip off your shoes, & join us.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 09:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, July - thanks Pam for the reminder and for the nice quote!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 09:18 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

This week has been like something out of Ripley's Believe It or Not and none of it was work-related.

Thank goodness for Cubii!

Will try to catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 11:05 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Perfect 10 Volume 1 Program A: Abs, Outer Thigh, Glutes
Volume 1 Program B: Calves, Hamstrings, Quads
Volume 2 Program A: Inner Thigh
Jessica Smith Stretch + Relax (Relax practice)

I had a good lower body workout with Margaret this morning

Pam, thank you for starting our new thread for July!!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 07:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, so sorry about your incredible week; hope nothing is lingering.

Paine, thanks again for your nice comments about my video.

I actually decided to try another compilation, this one on chair yoga. It's saving now (takes about 15-20 minutes to save an edited video) and then I'll post to YouTube.

Happy July, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-01-22, 08:52 PM  
YogaGal

Thanks for starting the new month Pam!

You gals are making me wish I had a bolster for yoga! I have blocks, a strap, and a mat, but the bolster is still on my amazon wish list. I’ve been buying so many little things for our summer house that I hesitate to buy a bolster at this time, but soon! In the meantime I have a couple of couch pillows that would probably work.

One of the reasons I jumped on Yoga with Joelle’s 10 min Yoga for POSTURE - Lose the hunchback and fix kyphosis and upper back pain! when it popped up recently in my YouTube list was because I see so many older people walking around hunched over. Whenever I see that, I immediately straighten up and push my shoulders back and down!

On Tuesday we had to leave early for a podiatrist appointment down south for DH. Apparently, the problem is falling high arches, so he sold him a quality pair of medical grade orthotics that seems to be helping, but it will take time to heal. His problem with his left foot led to pain in his left knee as he was walking differently to compensate. Hopefully he can resume his normal walking/jogging activity soon. Then we ran some errands and had a great lunch at an Italian restaurant.

On Wednesday evening I did Jessica’s Upper Body Strength Workout AND Yoga with Kassandra’s 15 min After Work Yoga. This was my first time doing this yoga practice, but won’t be my last; it was a delicious soothing stretch.

Life got in the way on Thursday, but today’s workout was a modified (shortened) version of Jessica Smith’s Lower Body: Build to Burn from her new Split Session Strength dvd AND Yoga with Joelle’s 10 min Yoga to Release your HIPS.

Beth: Yes, I like Jessica’s Pear Shape Workout even though I am more an Apple Shape (which she also has a workout for). It gets to all muscles, with more focus on lower body in just 22 minutes, making it great to add on another short workout and/or yoga.

Sandra: Hope you get some answers to solving your recurring knee pain.

Pat: Enjoy your first visit with Seamus!

Waves to Paine, Pam, cyana, and any others popping in!
Old 07-02-22, 12:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s TBB: Cardio Flow
~Strength Circuit day 1
~Functional fitness clearing out, reorganizing, & cleaning the laundry room. It was becoming overcrowded with unnecessary stuff! I racked up 10,000 steps without leaving the house.
~Nice long stretchy yin session

It was Canada Day here. We wore our red maple leaf attire, lol, but didn’t participate in any gatherings. We’ve been out and about and on the road so much this past month we decided to stay home and enjoy the view on our new deck.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had such a nice time with family yesterday. Both grandnieces, Seamus and his parents, my son, niece and her DH. Seamus was a little unsure of all these new people but he handled it well. He's so squishy and adorable. He let me play with his toes and give him a little kiss on the cheek after our several hours together. So nice to see the two grandnieces, too. One of them moved back home and will be teaching yoga here!

In fitness world I tried Ellen's 7-Day Workout Challenge - Feel Good Fusion. Loved the routine but was so aggravated with buffering issues. After four rebooting episodes I gave up. According to the FB group this is a known problem.

Thank you for starting our July conversation Pam! Are you back home? Happy belated Canada Day.

Carolyn, you need a bolster! I recommend the rectangular style to start. Mine gets much more use than my big round one.

{{{HUGS}}} Cyana, I'm sorry you had a bad week.

Happy Saturday to Paine and Beth.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 11:07 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

This week was one of those where you had to accept the fact that you had little control over most of your life. We said good-bye to DS and DIL last Sunday and that was difficult. DS and his cat flew out on Monday. Fortunately that went smoothly, which was great considering all the recent flight cancellations. DS had to leave his car with us, as he's having it shipped and that ended up being a multi-day drama (lots of craziness and far too much to go into here - but at least we can now laugh about it), and was finally picked up Thursday night. DIL left out by car mid-week with a friend riding along for part of the trip. Hopefully she'll finally arrive today. They found out their pod is going to be delayed by several weeks, so they won't have most of their belongings, even though they now have possession of their apartment. They have friends in the area, and are able to stay there temporarily, so that's another lucky break. We were scheduled to have some warranty work done on one of our A/C units on Tuesday, and the guy didn't show up until around 7 PM (so much for that noon to 4 PM window), and couldn't do the work due to the weather, so he was rescheduled to yesterday. On a positive note, he appeared to be a nice guy, an excellent technician and not only did the warranty work but also made some helpful adjustments to our A/C settings. It's been hurry up, wait, stress over DS and DIL, and repeat cycle over multiple days. At least work wasn't terribly busy.

Work-out wise, I've done my morning stretching routine and daily Cubii pedaling, which included some HIIT sessions. I was very happy that I could do breathwork and qi gong during some of the more stressful events of the week. I'm looking forward to some nourishing work-outs this week-end, and hopefully I'll get back into a better rhythm tomorrow - fingers crossed.

It is definitely tomato season here, and I can't wait to try all the yummy-looking local goodies from this morning's farmer's market.

Pat - It sounds like you had a lovely time with your family and little Seamus. I was peeking at the osprey nest one day this week - I'm wondering if it was the same day you saw the bird shadow. The alpha baby was alternately making a normal osprey chirp and then a honking sound - sounded like an angry little goose!

Beth - I'm looking forward to trying some of your new practices.

Paine - Sounds like you and Margaret had a nice work-out yesterday. Are you cooking up something special this week-end?

Carolyn - If you lived close by, I'd give you a round bolster, as I have two of those but wish I had one of the rectangular ones. My former yoga studio had those, and they were wonderful for all sorts of restorative poses.

Pam - Congratulations to DS2 on reaching the next milestone in his medical career. Having grown up in a semi-rural area, I think that will be a great place to learn.

Sandra - Fingers crossed that your knee is better.

A belated welcome to Jeanette - please feel free to pop in and post as much or as little as works for you.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 01:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, cyana - I'm glad work wasn't busy b/c it sounds like everything else was!!! Hope things have settled down some. Do you get Monday off?

We had a fun brewery yoga class today - full house, and my friend Sarah was teaching, so I got to just enjoy.

Follow me @YogiBethC